I'm 17 and he's 14. Is this weird?

So I have a crush on a 14 year old guy and I'm 17 (I'm using my friend's account, so ignore the age). My friends think it's weird, but I don't feel like I'm talking to a 14 year old whenever I talk to him. He's really smart and he's going to college after a year (before me). I think he likes me too but I'm not sure. He's really shy so I know I'll have to make the first move. I'll probably have to pay for our dates too, and I'm fine with that. We obviously won't be having sex. So should I go for it?

Thanks for all your opinions. They were all helpful :)

Most Helpful Guy

• Careful dating minors after you're 18. That stuff can throw you in jail. I didn't know that until one of my friends randomly brought that up so I figured I should run that by ya lol.
    Anyway as long as there isn't anything sexual until after he's 18, you're fine. I don't find it weird because 3 years is not much on me, however since you're 17 I'd understand that's a little abnormal. Do what makes you happy, not your friends.

Most Helpful Girl

• It's socially acceptable for a 17 yo guy to go out with a 14 yo girl so I don't see why it won't be the other way round. You do you! Go for it if it's what you want

• I guess so. Thanks :)

What Guys Said 7

• That seems fine to me, but once you turn 18, then it's going to be a little difficult.

• That's the main thing holding me back

• Oh my god it's happening older women are starting to consider dating younger guys FINALLY!!

• I guess lol. But it doesn't feel like he's that young

• Smart =/= Matured
    And yes I think it is weird.

• Well he is pretty mature. More than some of the guys my age

• Do you really think he is that exceptional?
      Do you really think he is the best candidate for you, and you both do have a future together? Or you just want to try stuff?
      I think you should answer these questions to your self before him does, as you are the more mature and experienced one.

• If that's what makes you happy do it, don't look at what other people think, it's your life and happiness after all :)

• yeah, give it a shot :P

• If you can make it work it's not
    I've seen a greater age gap and they are doing just fine

• Once you turn 18, that becomes illegal

• We're not doing anything sexual though

• Doesn't matter, in they eyes of the law, it's illegal once you're 18

What Girls Said 2

• Do what makes you happy. It's not that big of a deal. If you like him, don't let it go to waste.

• a little weird...

• It wouldn't sound that weird if you know him.

• still.. you will b 18.. and he will still b a kid..

• He doesn't seem like a kid though