Is music taste a deal breaker for you?

If someone had a polar opposite music taste than you, would that turn you off 100% or affect your feelings towards them in any way?

• Yeah! If we can't listen to the same music then what's the point?
  • Nah, I don't care really
  • It'll make me less attracted to them but I wouldn't be completely turned off
  • other

Most Helpful Girl

• I'll admit... it will suck for me because music is a big part of my life but at the same time it's definitely not a dealbreaker. My last ex had a different taste in music and it didn't bother me as much as I thought it would.

Most Helpful Guy

• I like most music, so it'd be hard for to like something I don't. It's kinda a silly thing to fussed about in my opinion..

What Girls Said 5

• No, it's just a music taste. I'm on good terms with most music genres although some I like more, some I like less. It's very stupid for it to be a deal-breaker.

• It doesn't make a difference to me, sometimes it makes you discover stuff you never realised you liked.

• Here's the thing; I don't really care but if he makes fun of me being a fangirl, it won't be good-for him. I think it'd be better if we both liked some artists so we could listen to music together every now and then.

• I like all music. So I'm sure there would be something that we can vibe to together.

• I don't care what music a person is in to. As long as they love it. Any music lover is my friend.

What Guys Said 7

• If its metal, or whatever they call that crashing of drums and screeching with strep throat

i can't handle it, no i would not date a girl if she wanted to listen to metal around me

• Only if they listened exclusively to ONE genre. Like if a girl ONLY ever listened to rap, I would be really turned off. Because it would show me that she's close-minded, and close-mindedness turns into ignorance.

And ignorance is really ugly.

• I don't really care. She can listen to whatever songs she likes and so can I

• anyone who enjoys new age music is a zombie and I cannot be with them.

they'd be brainwashed and I really don't want to be the one having to deal with their BS.

• I could care less

• Her taste would have to be *amazingly* bad for that to be a real problem...

• Not really.