Do girls like nice guys?

I am a nice guy, a little bit shy but a very little bit. I am very honest and caring to girls, but I am just not as sociable and cool as those super confident (not cocky) guys.

Will girls like this type of guys?

• Yes.
  • Maybe.
  • No.
  • Other.
I am not an always-yes man, just a little bit shy and not very sociable and not very humorous.
Maybe I am a little bit boring, but I am honest and caring.
Will I be ignored by girls?

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. I don't know what woman prefers an arrogant dick. But I know many women prefer a nice guy who isn't a "Yes" man and easily walked over.

A nice confident attractive guy with a great personality. This sums up the majority of women in my opinion. The difference happens to be in attraction and what makes up a "great personality" (though I think most of us are similar according to the latter).

What Girls Said 4

• Yes, the whole stereotype that girls like bad guys isn't generally true. I'm quite shy myself so "tough" and "bad" guys are kinda intimidating. You describe yourself as honest and caring which I guess are the fundamental ingredients for a good relationship (im 14 so what would i know haha) yes you will be ignored by some girls but that doesn't mean you aren't what other girls are looking for

• But is my personality hard to catch girls' attraction or attention to me?

• Yeah, I totally agree. But I mean, like pretty girls are much easier to attract guys' attention, I think very confident guys are much easier to attract girls' attention than I do.

• yeah true but dont put yourself down and this isn't always the case. there are girls out there who will prefer someone who isn't cocky

• yes of course!!

• i like them all

• Yes, my mother married my shy father.

What Guys Said 10

• They're going to SAY they would, but dude, they won't. Not if you are as you describe. It's like asking guys, "Would you rather have a pretty girl, or a girl with a great personality". They're going to SAY the girl with the personality, but we're all gonna run off with the best looking chick we can grab. Good luck dude, you're gonna need it.

• I good looking nice guy will most of the time trump a good looking mean guy.

• A lot of girls like that type not every guy has to be the same as long as you're a decent guy overall you have nice chances

• I don't like a yes man or a pushover ones, but nice people are great overall

• I am not an always-yes man.

• this is a wrong assessment.

nice is seen as compensation. this lacking there of is what girls dont like.

assoholes tend to come with qualities that resemble comfidnece (like not carring what others think) and fun etc .

• when they are young they like the bad boys, but latter in life they want the good guys

• No they don't. Women like a guy who will treat them like crap because it's hot.

• Yeah but only if they are confident, funny and intelligent

• I am not very funny, maybe a little bit boring, but it depends on how girls think.
      Yes, I am intelligent.

• Mate you can't say the wrong thing to the right girl, you've just gotta find a girl that likes your humour, just be sure of yourself and a girl will come along who loves you for it

• I ignored nice girls. Mostly because dating them is tough especially at this age. I really don't want to get married yet. I just want to date and feel out what kind of personalities I work with. The problem with really nice girls is they never do anything that warrants breaking up with them. They don't cheat. They don't mistreat you. They aren't loud or annoying. They're just nice. But sometimes you just stop liking them. And if you leave you become the bad guy cause they haven't done anything to push you away. You pull away they just get nicer. You do bad stuff and they forgive you. There's no exit except tearing their hearts to pieces. So you date assholes so you always have a reason to leave when you're ready. Took me a while to realize I was doing this. Took me longer to realize a lot of girls do this too. Most people do it without ever realizing it. Nice people restrict freedom. They're so nice you feel responsible to care for them back which means you can't explore every little whiff of interest that passes by. Great for marriage horrible for casual dating.

• Yes, but not if he's a pushover.