Will pulling away make him chase me?

I had a few great dates with a guy, and we almost had sex but I thought it was too early since it was still early in the relationship and I wanted to know him more, even though I am really attracted to him. I admit that I do like to play games from time to time (I know it's not mature, but it keeps things interesting) and he said some games if done tastefully can make thngs interesting, as long as we're going towards a common goal. When I asked him what does that mean then (the common goal) and he wouldn't say a relationship but admit that he likes me (this was our second date).

So after our last date I started becoming more distant and pulling back, replying to his texts a day later, and ignoring some. Will this make him want to pursue me more and go towards a relationship?

Most Helpful Guy

• It might. But I say I don't mind games too so that way if she decides to play them I can dump her. Like leaving a door slightly ajar that says do not enter that's rigged to prank you. If she respects the sign she never gets pranked. I do it just to get her to show her real character. A women willing to play games in order to get what she wants is a waste of time to me. Playing games is another word for manipulation to me and manipulators are stressful, annoying, and ultimately boring when the manipulation ends. In my mind manipulators don't want me they just want me to want them or in other words they're to insecure to let me make that decision on my own. Nine times out of ten they're right though had they not manipulated me I would've never been interested.

What Guys Said 4

• Do not do this. It's the most frustrating, annoying thing ever. If the guy has any sort of backbone or self esteem, he'll run a mile. If you think he hasn't got a backbone or self esteem, and you want to take that risk, then be my guest.

• Absolutely not. Don't play mind games, you're only hurting your own chances. All it does is frustrate the guy and turn him off completely, or he might think you're not interested and he'll stop liking you. Just be straightforward about how you feel, or you will regret it.

• This is literally happening to me now, and it's the most BS annoying thing ever experienced. IF there's even a date after this, I am telling her if she pulls this again we're done.

• Maybe, it depends on the guy, an experienced guy will see through your games and drop you like a retarded baby, instead of playing these chase/hunt games why not just be open and honest

honestly, the fact that you go out of your way to reply a day late is really disturbing, I reply to people when i can, if I'm busy i reply later, I don't play these silly games, so sad that at ur age you're doing this.

I don't understand why humans treat each other like this? Is this really sane? What mentally ill person came up with these ideas about ignoring people and replying late, if you are busy it's ok but why fake it. What a strange society we live in

• I don't get these people either, why would they purposefully risk something like this? Sheer sense of entitlement?

What Girls Said 1

• no... it will push him towards another woman. Just leave the games behind or in the bedroom (if you guys do go down that road). I would hate for someone to do that to me. If you are genuinely busy then I'd understand, but you aren't so it's just silly. Take a while to reply but not a day and don't be rude and ignore his messages. It's childish and who knows he might start to think you are no longer interested and move on to the next one.