Is this considered cheating?

My boyfriend of six months left for his two week trip to Brazil two days ago. A little over a week before he left, I decided I was going to break up with him (we fight constantly, but somehow get along well at the same time, we have a lot in common, but he has done some things I do not agree with, and he wants to continue doing these things, even though he knows I don't agree with them), but, after his previous girlfriend (of two months) broke up with him, he grew very depressed and drank excessively. I decided that I could wait a month before I broke up with him because he's not abusive or anything like that, another month, especially when half of it he's out of the country and we can't talk, couldn't do much harm.
The problem is that in the next two weeks, I have graduation parties I'm going to as well as going camping. If I have complete intentions of breaking up with him when he gets back, would it be lying (or even cheating) if I told the guys I meet at these places that I don't have a boyfriend? I'm not the type of girl to suck face with a guy I just met, let alone jump into bed with the dude, so it wouldn't be anything like that.

Most Helpful Guy

• It will put you in an awkward position, that's for sure. Why not just be done and over with it all? #stopstringingdudesalong

What Guys Said 3

• Instead, I think you should tell them the truth. Say you have a boyfriend but intend to break up with him.

• Sure it is.

• Yes, your still being dishonest about your current relationship..

What Girls Said 1

• Yes, it is lying and cheating since you have not broken up with your boyfriend yet.