Why do white girls get called racist for dating their own race?

I saw a white girl turn down a guy who happened to be black. All she said was "I'm not interested" then he began to call her a "racist" and getting all physical with her. He stopped as it was in a public area then left. I asked her what happened, blablabla, but she told me she dates white guys. How is she a racist? She didn't say her feelings to his face. She was polite about it.

Most Helpful Girl

• That isn't racist. There's a thing called racial preference. Black guys are insecure about their own race and are quick to pull that card. No one is racist for dating a specific type of people or not, that's a preference. If she said she hated black guys because they're black then that's a different story.

• Are you a black woman? You seem very knowledge of them, haha :)

• I am glad we could end on such a positive note. Stay cool. :)

• Haha, you too~!

What Girls Said 5

• Nah she wasn't being racist. The dude just got his panties in a bunch cuz he couldn't have her, therefore resulted in being childish and called her unnecessary names. Smh

• Thank you Realfire22. You have made the most sense :)

• Anytime. That's what I'm here for 😛

• Again, he is not treating that person as an individual having a choice to reject. He is attaching a whole bunch of implicit assumptions to her. Perhaps he's right but what rights does he have over her for rejecting? He sounds like a child crying, kicking and screaming because he can't get that toy he wants at the toy shop.

He called her a racist but yet he wants to date a racist like her. It makes NOOOOO fucking sense. Oh wait, he's saying that because he cannot bed a white girl. I doubt this was about wanting to date her at all but trying to seduce her but failed at persuasion at it.

• It is common and normal wanting to date own race. Infact majority pple still do so. That guy was just too quick to jump the gun

• Yea that's kind of racist. I understand that some people have preference, but it becomes racism when a specific race is required. If she only dates white guys, because she doesn't want any other race, then that's racism. If she just wasn't attracted to the guy, then she just wasn't attracted.

• Racism implies one's belief in supremacy. Not dating her race. Why do people always play semantics?

• I doubt that highly. Well now I'm going to sleep. Remember: preference and requirements are not the same thing.

• Enjoy your sleep.

• He didn't take that rejection very well

What Guys Said 6

• While I obviously (duh) don't agree with racism, it's become one of our culture biggest taboos. It's just like how ten or twenty years ago, especially, homophobia was generally accepted, while that outlook is slowly transitioning to a taboo public sentiment wise. In fifty years gay rights will likely have a similar support platform wise. Given that it is a taboo, many people use its influence as a way to gain persuasion. In that black guys case he was attacted to that white girl. He wants her to like him so he used calling her racist as a subconscious way to defend his attraction. This goes beyond that particular girl. He was defending his opinion about being attracted to lots of white women.

That way of trying to gain influence is pretty common. I'm not trying to criticize that particular guy. It's a way to try and protect and reinforce his desire.

• It's slightly racist because some tend to use that as an excuse to not date them, I know we all have preferences but it's leaning to the point where it's getting kinda racist because some women hide behind the preference thing to hide the fact that they're actually racist. Thats just my 2 cents

• Some may be hiding their preference but do you think some just may have a preference? A lot of people just want one partner for life so I don't think it's illogical to try and be with a person they prefer.

• He didn't take rejection well, this is her perferances, people should be able to chose who they date

• Well making race a dating criteria is about as racist as making it a job criteria or criteria for entering a restaurant.

• What if an Asian or black girl preferred their own race? Is that racism or are they allowed?

• She didn't do it to his face though, but rather, was respectful and just said "Not interested".

• well that guy must have taken it personally i gues

• People now days jump onto anyone making a comment that is not good about another race. I find that people are way too F*&$#*ng sensitive now days.

• it's technically racist but who cares the guy was just pissed she didn't like him... i guarantee you if the tight black guy approached in the right way she'd be up for it

because truthfully picking up women has almost nothing to do with personality appearance or wealth but 100% how you meet and get to know a girl