Nerves about an upcoming date.

So I'm going on my first date since my ex and I broke up in May and I'm nervous because I have a restraining order against my ex and I keep wondering what if this really turns out to be bad. And it's been so long since I've been on a date that I've forgotten how I need to act or what I need to wear or if kissing is OK on the first date... Help me please.

Most Helpful Guy

• Just be yourself. If he doesn't like who you are then you don't need him. Just wear something pretty and casual that suites you. As for kissing, he shouldn't kiss you on the lips but a peck on the cheek is suitable. Also, no hand holding on the first date.

What Guys Said 2

• lol I was in your boat after I broke up with my ex, just act like yourself, wear something sexy, and its fine to kiss on first date in my book if everything goes well...

• Why would you put a restriction order against your ex?

• Because he threatened me and my sister and called me 27 times a day and sent me at least thirty text messages an hour and he had horrible psychotic mood swings where he would cry then get angry and then threaten me and then tell me I was going to regret leaving him one day... it was just not a good situation

What Girls Said 1

• Calm down! It's okay to be nervous, but it's really not a big deal! You'll be just fine :)

If you really like this guy, just be yourself. Don't try to say what you think he wants to hear if it's not characteristic of your personality.

Do what you feel most comfortable with. If you don't want to kiss him at the end of the date, don't. If you do, go for it.

Regardless of what you actually do on your date, be it a movie and dinner, coffee, go karts, whatever, just dress comfortably, or in something you wouldn't have to adjust or fidget with during the date. Also, don't wear anything you'd be self-conscious in.

Best of luck! I hope it goes well!