Boyfriend doesn't want to add me on fb. should I be worried?

I've been seeing this guy for 3 weeks or so now. I've been to his house a couple of times. We've missed and done sexual things, but haven't slept together. anyway, he's previously told me that he found me on fb and said that I looked gorgeous on my profile picture. I told him at the time that that if he wanted he could just add me. He didn't say anything other than he didn't use it much and hardly had any pics on there.

He's going back to his home country tomorrow and said we should keep in touch. He wrote to me on fb and we wrote back and forth today. I wrote to him 'Do you want me to add you btw?' as he hadn't added me for some time and I thought I'd ask him. He said 'you can if you really want to'. I ended up sending him a request and a couple of hours later he wrote that 'I dont really want to accept you. We haven't known each other for that long'

am I right to be a bit mad or frustrated by this? Or am I overreacting?

Most Helpful Girl

• um the way you described this question makes me think this guy is not really that serious about you and probably has other women on the side or another side of him he doesn't want you to know about. i would not do any more sexual things with him until i get to the bottom of his reluctance to add you. dont let anyone tell you this is something you should just brush off bc its not

• Thank you. I think you are right.. even if someone doesn't have any pics or doesn't even use fb, I don't understand why they would first tell me to add them and then later say that we aren't that close to be friends on fb.

What Guys Said 3

• He not adding you mean he wants to keep. you a secret from the people he has on his fb account
    For what reason only he knows

• It's really strange though as he wants to keep messaging with me through fb but doesn't want to add me. I think you are right..

• I actually think it's better to keep your relationship off of Facebook.

• But isn't it a bit strange to write with someone through fb messages but not wanting to add them? I don't understand why adding me would necessarily show people on his friend list that we are a couple..

• I had something similar happen with a woman I thought was into me. Not quite sure what to do after the rejection, I looked up a lot of advice. Most of which mentioned disconnecting. So I unfriended her on Facebook, but I couldn't really cut myself of right then. I'd still talk to her through DeviantArt and sometimes FB messages. Then after I saw her answer to how I'd been feeling, and the second time it had been over two months since she'd contacted me reply or initiating, I unfriended her on all fronts. It hurt to cut her off and it still does, but I needed to do it for my sanity.

• Oh man I bet he's talking to other girls, I'm a guy I'd know.

• Well, he had previously given me the excuse that he doesn't have any photos on there and only has 60 'really close friends'.. its not like I'm gonna force him to change his fb relationship status or write on his wall.

What Girls Said 2

• I would be slightly pissed. He knows you well enough to fool around but not well enough to add you to Facebook?

• That's what I thought too. besides he wants to keep in touch through messages on fb without adding me, which is weird

• That is beyond weird..

• I think that's a sign that your suffocating him. he's getting too much of you so he didn't add u

• I'm not being clingy as he was the one suggesting we should stay in touch while he was away.