What are signs that a new guy is too clingy?

I'm not talking about a guy that you're in a long term relationship with, but a guy that you've just met a couple days ago.

He does text me all day. He's a paramedic and pretty much lays around waiting for his unit to be called for a run, so he doesn't have much to do. I'm just trying to be careful.

Most Helpful Girl

• When they are in constant contact. When they double text if you don't respond. When they constantly say things like "Omg you're perfect" and you reply "thanks :)" and they so "No, really. Like you're seriously so perfect." These things, along with others, have happened to me a year ago. It got worse and worse every day. To the point where a week into knowing him, I was waking up to texts that read: "You are my sun shine. My only sun shine. You make me happy, when skies are gray. You'll never know dear how much I love you so please don't take my sun shine away". Even writing that pissed me off because I now absolutely despise this song. Needless to say, here I am a year later and he still won't leave me alone. Still double texts. Still says stupid shit though he knows it makes me uncomfortable. I've changed my number twice. I don't know how the hell he keeps getting it. But I've now blocked his number from my phone along with many others because he texts me from his buddies phones saying "For some reason it won't let me call or text you :(" and I have told him I blocked his number and to stop contacting me but clearly he thinks I'm f*cking kidding.

• Thanks! By the way, your situation sounds very similar to a situation I had, which is why I'm trying to prevent it from happening again

• It sucks terribly!! Just be careful lol

What Guys Said 5

• It depends on him and it depends on you. A girl might say he's attentive or he cares about her. Another one will complain that he's not independent enough. Why don't you try to set some rules? No more than 30 texts/day or something like that because you're busy and have shit to do other than to answer him...

• if he's textin u very often i guess...

• Probably lots of texting. If you ignore a text he'll get angry or annoyed. If you guys are together in person, he might try to get close to you physically too quickly, as in hand holding and hugging. He'll most likely constantly be around you, following you, and overall leave you without any personal space.

• If you can't wipe dat azz without him right there.

• Depends on how much he texts you, when texts you and how much he texts you.

What Girls Said 2

• If he texts you almost constantly and there is never any room to breathe. If they text you for the sake of texting more often than they text you to make plans. Of course, I hate texting most of the time, so I get annoyed if anyone uses that medium excessively. That could be just me of course. Also, if they already try to make longer term plans with you within only a short time of knowing you, that is a red flag in my book, too.

• if he texts you every day and ends each conversation like 'can we talk later? are you busy later? are you online now?' or even just trying to hug you too much or butting into your conversations with other people. Even just staring at you until you look at him so he can start a conversation, or trying to hard to make you focus on HIM.