Is it unfair to stay in a relationship you know won't last? A sexuality question?

I found out my girlfriend is asexual. We met online and all was normal, we would even have dirty talks and she would tell me how much she wanted me sexually. But recently she's been avoiding me and I've felt so rejected and worthless so when I asked her many times to tell me what's wrong, she said she was asexual (by the way we're both virgins).

She said she may never be able to give me sex, but when I told her "I really want this to work but I can't promise it will" she said she'd try. But I don't want someone to feel like they have to have sex with me with them being repulsed by the thought of touching me sexually.

I truly love her, and she has loved me in a way no one ever has, so how could I deal with leaving such an amazing person just for sex reasons? Why do I feel so devastated to think we can never experience that?

Most Helpful Guy

• I am asexual. Sometimes couples with one ace are able to make it work. Either there can be sex, there can be no sex, or there can be sex outside the relationship. Some sort of middle ground between these options. But in all honesty I don't know, I never tried to make one work since knowing I am ace. I am also aromantic though. Best of luck :)

What Guys Said 1

• in dat case guess i'd rather friends mostly

What Girls Said 1

• I consider it a waste of time.