Is what I said weird?

My boyfriend and I have been together 4 years and he said that if he hits the lottery that he will give his winnings to his family first. I said with a smile I hope you would include me in the family category. Later he said his mom found it weird that I said that. I don't understand how we are both 28 years old and been together 4 years of course I would assume that he means me too when he says family. I mean if he doesn't see me as family after that amount of time then that doesn't say very much about our relationship. He said of course he meant me too. Why is that weird its not like we have been dating four months. Besides I don't see how it was even his moms business to get involved in what is said in our relationship.

Most Helpful Guy

• No. What you said is pretty normal. You said that because you're in love with him and you want to marry him, right? Women drop hints that guys and guys are (hopefully) supposed to pick up on those signals. If you're talking about being family then he'd should realize you want to marry him.

• Yeah he didn't think it was weird at all. His Mont thought it was weird. Yes we have definitely discussed marriage and we both agree that we want to start our lives together for sure.

What Guys Said 2

• if i was him, i'd mention u first obviously...

• Honestly why would he include you 1st? His mom raised him, not you.

Also if he have you some of the money, you'd like run of and leave him. Money changes people

• Well that's where the whole trust thing comes into play. We are establishing our life together. Its isn't like we been together 4 months its been 4 years. I don't think it has anything to do with who raises you but when you are looking to start your life with someone and you build that trust you should trust that they won't run off with your money. If you can't put your partner djest and you run to mommy before your partner as an adult what does that say about your relationship if mom always come first? That's not how its supposed to work once you establish a serious relationship you are supposed to start putting that person first once you realize you wanna spend your life with them which is where me and my boyfriend are at

• I think that most guys would put their mother first. He doesn't mean anything by it I think it's done when him realizing it.

Also, if you're not married, no one important considers you family. When I say important, I mean the government. I'm sure it's all a misunderstanding and you're boyfriend loves you. Try not to be worried.

• Well I think after being in an established adult relationship a guy should start putting the girl he is planning on spending the rest of his life with first. Also what about people who never plan on marrying should they always put mommy before their women? No after a while your priorities start to shift and you start doing things with your women to make her your main priority as it should be once you get older. Guys need to cut the apron strings when they get older that's a normal natural part of growing up. Also to be fair why does one have to be put first why can't you love them. both equally and put them both first but in different ways.. it shouldn't be about being first its two different types of love

What Girls Said 2

• ... well no one is going to win. What are the odds...16,000,000:1 ?
    Just forget his mom. Mothers should not be involved with their son's love lives... but they are at times. A good boyfriend will shut them out and just tell them good things about you so they accept you.

• No I don't find that weird