Does jealousy actually mean you care?

what do you think?

Most Helpful Guy

• To me, jealousy does mean that you care. Jealousy isn't a bad thing, and its completely normal, because EVERYONE experiences it to at least some extent. Its not jealousy itself that is bad, but the way that some people deal with jealousy.

For instance, if a guy is jealous in a relationship, and he starts to yell, argue, lash out, and become controlling; it means, yes, he cares, but he doesn't know how to handle this feeling, and is probably toxic for a relationship.

Another guy is jealous in a relationship, and he may be a little upset, but he decides to communicate the issue to his partner in a calm, non accusatory way. Instead of trying to control and manipulate his partner, he simply asks her to stop doing what is making him uncomfortable and/or asks for reassurance from her.

In both cases, the guy is jealous. In both cases the guy does care. But the firts case sounds bad, while the second case doesn't, right?

People shouldn't focus on NOT being jealous, because its a feeling that you can't get rid of, but instead should focus on how to HANDLE their jealousy in a mature way.

What Guys Said 3

• Yes it does mean you care a lot because if someone honestly did not care they would not be jealous.

• It can, a little jealousy is actually healthy but it can become an obsession, or lead to insecurities.

• No it means you are afraid or weak.

What Girls Said 10

• It depends on the jealousy. Just like the different type of loves, there are different types of jealousy. If it's the cute kind like you get when your crush talks to someone else, then that means they care. If it's obsessive, then there's a problem and that doesn't mean it's affectionate.

• Yeah I do. But sometimes people get envy & jealousy mixed up. Jealousy in my opinion comes from love. Envy comes from hate. I see my boyfriend t I think jealousy & envy mix together in away.

• *Yeah I do. But sometimes people get envy & jealousy mixed up. Jealousy in my opinion comes from love. Envy comes from hate. I think jealousy & envy is mixed in a way too

• most of the time, yes.
    if not, then pride is usually another aspect.

• sometimes it means that, but too much jealousy is never a good thing

• i can... but if too much it can cause harm

• I think it does.

• I think ir definitely can, within reason.

• Well there different types
    Depends on that situation
    If its a relationship or liking someone then yes u care about that person😃💕

• Yup I think so.

• Yes definitely