Is it normal to find women of color more attractive?

I'm a white dude and I find WOC to be far more attractive than white women. My family finds it to be weird, odd and all that stuff. I just find that I get along with the non-white girls a lot more, and they seem a bit more lively too. Is it normal?

Most Helpful Girl

• It's normal to find people attractive in general. I feel where you're coming from because I find white men more attractive and my mother has a fit over it. Says it brings "shame to the family". Whatever. Anyway, there's nothing wrong with it. It's not abnormal to be attracted to another human being. Don't worry (:

• Do you see yourself going as far as having a family with a white guy knowing how your mother feels?

• Well, I hope it goes well Mikachu97. You'll find yourself the right white guy.

• Thanks (:

What Girls Said 17

• Either you've asked this question about a million times or there's lots of guys that feel the same way.

It's called a preference.

• first time here :) a friend said I can ask questions here

• yeah its normal... its just your preference

• It's not normal in the sense of not being typical, i. e. this is not how most white guys feel.

Your family thinks it's weird because they don't agree with you, basically. They can't see how you don't think white women are more attractive. My parents are like this, though we're black... I know they wouldn't get it if I brought home an Asian or Latino, but they are better-looking than whites and actually have more interesting cultures than definitely white Americans, to me, and... well, let me be quiet about black American guys because I'll get banned, HAHA. But my parents would want to know how I could be more attracted to an Asian or Latino over a black or white guy.

Not necessarily anything wrong with you, as long as it's not a fetish.

• Nope. I have know quite a lot of white guys who are only into woc. by the way my dad is white and mum is black.

Where I'm from interracial dating (black and white) is seen as normal.

• Women of color are beautiful. Truly under-appreciated. :)

• @asker agreed.

• And mixed people are healthier so people should mix more :)

• I don't we why or how it isn't normal. You can like who you like.

• Of course it is, don't feel worried about. Just because your family feels weird about it doesn't mean you should stop because it makes YOU happy not them.

• It's normal.

Relax :)

• Hmmmm... what do you define as normal?
    You make it seem as though having a physical attraction to women of color is a mental illness. Your family finds it weird because that's just what they are used to... a sea of white, and quite frankly the media mostly shows white men with their same complexion counterparts. There is nothing wrong with you. In the words of skittles taste the rainbow...

• I agree. I believe that it's normal, but other people don't seem to think so. However, I do not care. Besides, mixed children are a lot more healthier. :)

• Yes. Everyone should be down with the swirl!! I always found white men so much more attractive. It drives me nuts how sexy. But its nothing to be ashamed of.

• Are you a black girl? :)

• Well, I gotta go! Stay an awesome black girl.

• Awww thank you lol

• Hey, thats your preference 👍🏽

• No I find this question weird were not in the 50's anymore...

• I agree. WoC are far more attractive :)

• Lol, I mean thanks for the compliment but let's not insult other races we're all beautiful 😊

• It's perfectly normal everyone has their tastes.

• Yesssss. finally

• Finally?

• White, and I've dated black, Asian and latina girls. Never had a white girlfriend before :)

• Oh, well good for you. bottoms up that you don't limit yourself

• I guess you are the only white that interacts with woc in your town

• You're one of the few white guys that I've actually heard that likes WOC, nice ! (:

• They are all that I've dated. I've never had a white girlfriend before :)

• narhh everyone has their own preference :)

• Question is stupid.

What Guys Said 5

• Lol don't think that way man. Of course it's normal. Preference is preference.

• Love has no color... one man food is another man poison... do what will make you happy we are in free world.

• You like who you like

• What does WOC stand for?

• It's not normal but who carez...

• I see that someone's stuck in the past...

• You seem like a racist.

• mo I'm just drunk and lonely