31 and desperate?

I'm turning 31 next week and am still single! I'm getting desperate so been going on heaps of dates with guys from online dating sites but never find the right one! Either I don't like them or they don't like me.

All I want is to find someone settle down and have kids but I'm running outta time! What should I do I'm starting to panic a bit?

Most Helpful Girl

• Calm down.

I totally understanding why you are feeling the way you are. However, if you are desperate, men will pick up on that and the ones that you do like and might be able to make it work with might get a little put off.

Just calm :) My sister in law has just had her first baby and she is 37. I know it's ideal to have a baby younger but sometimes it just doesn't go to plan.

Carry on doing what you are doing - go out with mates and don't rely completely on online dating. Try going out with some friends. Try going on blind dates. Go to house parties with your friends. Ask your friends if they know anyone who might be okay. But just enjoy yourself :)

What Guys Said 4

• Relax for a few minutes, you have time. Reflect on what went wrong with the ones you wanted. Keep pushing forward, persistence eventually pays off.

• My suggestion would be to use an old-fashioned introduction agency. Not a website, an agency that has a physical office and wants you to go there for an interview.
    An agency will introduce you to men whom you would not have met otherwise; who have paid money to receive help to find a female partner, which means that they are looking for a relationship; the agency will pre-qualify the prospects, so you will meet men who should be more compatible than someone whom you meet randomly.
    Thirty-one and single. Try being 57 and sleeping alone.

• Menopause is still some way off...

• Use higher end pay sites. Two guy friends had great luck on match. Com. I think it reduces the number of people who aren't serious.

• That's how my half sister met her husband, on match. com. I do agree that sites that you pay for are more likely to attract serious people than people wanting hookups.

What Girls Said 5

• My mom got married at 20, and divorced at 24. She didn't get remarried until she was 35. 31 is not THAT old, you still have time ahead of you to find the right one. My aunt always tells me to not get married until I am at least 30 for maturity purposes and all. Don't panic now. My half sister got married at 31 or 32 I believe also.

Try re-evaluating your dating standards. Are you being too picky about something? or are your standards not high enough and is that why you go on so many lame dates?

• Might I add that the average age a woman marries in America is 27. So you are not that far behind.

• Not everyone is going to have an epic love story. Maybe just settle down with a nice guy friend you already have and get along with just fine. Or the paid dating sites, like others have said.

• just keep doing what you are doing and you'll eventually find the right guy in your dates

• You can have my boyfriend, cause he's too good for me and he's only 29.

• Keep searching that's all you can do