Do you have someone in your life you'd call "the one who got away"?

If ya feel like it:

How long did you guys go out?

Why'd you break up?

• Yes
  • No
  • I'm someone else's "one who got away"
  • Haven't dated anyone yet

Most Helpful Guy

• Lost her in 2013 on my bday, we dated on and off for three years. She didn't give me a legit reason when/why she dumped me. Haven't dated, hooked up, talked to anyone since...

What Guys Said 4

• mmm nah i don't think so LOL

• Well I've never been in a serious relationship before, however while trying to get a girlfriend I have had a couple who were, "Thank God I didn't date those bitches!", so it's a little more like the opposite for me.

• There's so many women on this planet.. why would I be concerned about one particular one? Lose one, gain another.

• Yes, there is.

We went on a few dates, but the magic wasn't there

We loved to be around each other and loved talking with each other, but it never worked out.

What Girls Said 6

• Haven't dated anyone yet. 😢

• Nothing to be ashamed of! I didn't date anyone at all until I was 19, and nothing seriously until I was 20 :)

• We were together a year and a half. We broke up because he couldn't take the distance anymore. Now he's back and wants nothing to do with me.

• Nope. Not at all.

• Yes the motherfucker was within the grasp too but I was sosoooo stupid and inexperienced and dumb at the time and I lost my shot. Second chances don't exist for everyone.

• Well if it makes you feel better I'm in that exact situation.

I'm often overly-optimistic, but I honestly believe that it's never too late. If you still think about him a lot, I encourage you to go for it. There's a good chance he's missing you too.

• Really? *sympathy hug* No chance for you to double back and try again?

Sadly I can't, he's already moved on haha. But I wish I could! Ugh

• I definitely intend to, but I'm trying to give it a little time so I don't smother him. Soooo much uncertainty about what to do.
      And I'm sorry. :( Still, I wouldn't rule out all hope! You never know what could happen in the future :) If he's had feelings for you once... it's likely that he could have them again. I think it's a matter of circumstances more than anything else.

• Yes. We both went to different places after college.

• Kind of. My first crush when I was 12 (sounds stupid I know)... But I never told him how I felt, and he moved away. When I liked him I always thought maybe something could happen when I got older because he cared about me so much for a 12 year old.