Why do guys disappear?

I've known this guy for a while and we've been talking back and forth for since April. We started hanging out and he's done nothing but treat me like a queen. The last time we hung out he told me that he wanted to keep me around for a while and wanted to build a relationship with me. The next day we talked and everything was fine and then all the sudden he just disappears. That was a week ago. I've tried texting him once and called him once and I've gotten no response. I'm almost kind of worried that something might have happened so I'm trying not to freak out too much but then he logged into social media yesterday. (i know, i'm the weirdo who stalked his page but I wanted to make sure he was at least still alive before I freaked out). I just dont even know what to think at this point. Why tell me you want to be with me and then just disappear or not respond when I reach out to you. He's never done this before. What should I do?

Most Helpful Guy

• Maybe he found out about something he doesn't like about you, and doesn't want to get into an awkward situation where he has to explain why he doesn't like you. I'm not saying it's right for him to disappear, but I could bet most of the time it's because of that.

What Guys Said 3

• did he realise u were stalkin his apge actually?

• Maybe he's testing you or maybe you're over thinking. Hard to say.

• why would he test me? I feel like anyone would genuinely be concerned if the person they've been talking to or interested in just disappeared. That's just setting someone up to fail right?

• Alien abduction?

• wishful thinking. lol

What Girls Said 3

• He met another woman. Don't worry he'll probably be cycling back to you in a few weeks. You should ignore him and replace him

• oh absolutely. if that's the case then i'm no ones back burner girl.

• Oh his dad died 2 wks ago? Ok I would give him some leeway. He is probably depressed. He might have seemed ok earlier but maybe it just hit him

• yea... i'm trying to. it just seems very out of character, since he talked to me the entire time he was dealing with his dad's funeral. I guess I just need to give him space and if he's interested, he'll come around when he's ready.

• He was full of shit the entire time. Find someone new :/

• I wouldn't waste my time on him anymore. Just move on.