Could we move from being friends with benefits to in a relationship?

Ok so last June, a coworker and I stated being fwbs. I had just gotten out of a 6 year long relationship and I wasn't ready for anything serious. (Don't judge please) anyway so it's a year later. At first we didn't hang out that often. It was just strictly friends with benefits . Over the past six months we have hung out a lot though. We see each other at work 5 days a week (here in about a month he's moving to a different shift so we won't see each other but I don't think that will be a bad thing), we go to the gym together 4-5 nights a week, we have lunch between classes whenever school is in session, we just chill and talk for hours in my car sometimes after the gym, and he comes over to my house every weekend. So we spend a lot of time together. He's met my brother and sister and he's meeting my dad this upcoming Sunday.
Last night at the gym I straight up asked him "do you think we're always gonna be "fwb" or no?" And he replied with "I think of us as being in a relationship without a title." And then he asked "why I needed a title?" I don't really need a title, but it would be nice to have one. Relationships scare him and I think that is why he's moving really slow with me.
Do you think there is a possibility just from what I shared that we could go from being friends with benefits to in a relationship?

Thanks for the replies and don't judge.

Most Helpful Girl

• I think what he meant is that you two are already basically a couple, just without the title. Which isn't a bad thing. It just means that there will be less drama. As soon as you make it official and tell everyone you two are boyfriend-girlfriend, people will feel the need to interfere because you both will officially be off the market and a lot of people want someone who is not available.

• but he should be able to say what they are and also want to label it as well cuz it shows he cares more about what they are in my opinion. if i waz her and he liked me id want him to want to call me his girlfriend rather than asking something dumb like "why do we need a title". we need a title cuz otherwise i dont know what the fuck this is.

• She asked for opinions and I gave her mine. Write your own opinion and tell her how you feel.

What Guys Said 4

• If you have more than a sex thing, it will come out when he changes shifts.

Right now you are always in each others sight, once you start spending work time away from each other. That will show you if you have more than a sexual thing, I personally think he is your rebound guy.

It is never a good thing to end a relationship, and get in another without having some time to rediscover yourself. It is to easy to think you are in love with the first person, that spends time and listens to you.

• At 14 you had your first relationship and you ended it after 6 years. Nice troll.

• Nice troll... HAHGA

• I'm judging you.

What Girls Said 3

• Yeah, I see it as a possibility, especially if this time around trust hasn't been broken.

You two sound like you have a healthy relationship full of team work and support.

Give him a little space as in don't keep asking. He knows what you want so don't push him too much. A little later you could bring it up, asking how he would feel about being more than friends with benefits

• maybe but if the man does not state the statues it would be over for me!

• Ask him to make it more serious, If it were me I would definitely think it was getting serious and time for a talk. And I think the title thing is weird, he should want you as your girlfriend or as your friends with benefits at this point and no "why do we need a title?" crap. many times in cases like this i feel the guy is getting what he wants and is comfortable and gets annoyed when the girl wants to make it more official and serious cuz its making him do more work, god forbid.