I know this will probably sound stupid but I need some advice. Any help?

My ex and I dated over 2 years ago, and I fell in love with him. We broke up for a few different reasons that I don't really want to share. Anyways, about a year after we broke up he texted me saying he was very sorry. I didn't respond. About 5 months ago he told my best friend he wanted to talk to me. I had one relationship after we broke up (I'm not with that person anymore) and he told me he felt so hurt seeing me with someone else and he didn't want to see me have my heart broken. So we talked for a while and hung out once. He barely texted me or returned my calls after we hung out, so I stopped trying to get a hold of him. 2 months ago, after graduation, we started talking again and he asked me about my feelings for him and if i miss him. I told him i still love him and if course i miss him. Then he told me he doesn't want a relationship and he doesn't love me but everytime he's around me he starts to like me again and when I'm away from him he misses me. We hung out last night but I don't really know what to think or do at this point. I am so lost.

Most Helpful Guy

• This is not stupid. It sounds like you do love him, but he is only "attracted" to you. He needs to see you and be around you in order to have feelings for you. That is not love. I wish I knew the circumstances of the original break up, but I believe you did the right thing. This guy might be great, but it seems as though he is not relationship material and probably won't be for a very long time. Please don't fall into the friends with benefits garbage as it will only make finding a better match that much more difficult. There is much that you are leaving out, so I'm guessing on all of this.

What Guys Said 1

• i think he is playing games. why would he not call u or text u after u hung out if he still missed u?

What Girls Said 1

• If you feel like the situation has changed, give him another chance. If not, do not repeat the same situation.