Guys: What do his texting behaviors mean?

You text him and he texts back hours later but the same day. Does that mean he is still interested?

A guy I met online texted me early yesterday morning with a article that I would really like and that he wants my feedback on. I responded and he didn't text me back for 8 hours (he usually texts back within the hour). In his text, 8 hours later, he said he got busy with work. Is he still interested in me? We've been out on 5 dates so far (1 month). Just the fact that he texted back indicate his interest?

Most Helpful Guy

• It's only happened once so yes he was busy in my opinion.

• so you are saying that if it happens often, then he is not interested? but why even respond if there is no interest?

• If it happens here and there he's probably busy or left his phone somewhere. Lots of events can happen to cause a person to be away from their phone. If it's ALL the time then he's not interested.

• But why would a guy even text back if he is not interested? Why just not respond? To be polite?

What Guys Said 2

• What's wrong with u? He was busy. You think his world revolves around you? U said this isn't a common occurrence, so believe him and let it go.

• Stop reading too much into how long he takes to text back, there could be thousands of reasons for him to not text back immediately. The fact that he's texting back to begin with is already a good sign.

What Girls Said 2

• Of course he still likes you. People get busy and not everyone wants to chat while working, it's pretty normal. It seems like he's very interested in you and asking for opinions on an article shows he values your point of you. If he wasn't interested, he wouldn't be talking to you at all.

• Has he attempted to kiss you when you went out together?

• Yes, he did :)

• Then he is definitely interested in you.