Should I have texted him back?

Okay I have been talking to this guy for a good while and I asked to have a indoor picnic because it was raining well he told me that he couldn't because he has his son and well the way I ended the conversation I felt like the conversation was over so I didn't text him back because one he has his son with him and but now I'm thinking maybe I should of text him back and now I'm thinking maybe he think I didn't want to talk to him but I don't know I am overthinking this and that it was a right stop the conversation or should I have text him back earlier when we were texting? Also I think the reason why I am thinking this because I haven't talk to him 4 days thats the last time we hung out which was a Wednesday and he's has his son Thursday through Sunday but he has him a extra day. But overall I just need advice if I am just overthinking the whole thing. The conversation is below and I am the green bubble and he is the grey bubble
Should I have texted him back?

Someone PLEASE HELP

Most Helpful Guy

• i don't see wot can u text back here... so...

What Guys Said 1

• Ya, that was not over. Good luck. Oh, maybe don't date someone with kids because their kid always comes first.

What Girls Said 1

• Dont fret. He sounds like he wants to have the picnic... its just not a good time for him... Text him back and ask how his rotator cuff is..