Why are guys so intimidated by me?

I've went on several dates recently. I'm eighteen, so the topic of what i'm going to do with my life now that i'm finished with high school always comes up. I'm joining the Navy in a few months. & it seems like guys tend to back off alittle when I tell them that. Why is that? I don't bite. I'm still going to be a girl, & the same girly girl at that. I just don't get it.

Most Helpful Guy

• It's because you'll be away from them so they don't want to get close. Being in the Navy means you'll almost be assured that you'll be deployed on a ship at sea for 6-8 months at a time.

However, you'll meet the right guy one day. Also thank you for your future srvice.

• Isn't this basically what I said, only shorter?

• Haha you creepin on her profile?

• lol. I've had this for a while, I guess I just never changed it. hahah.

What Guys Said 4

• Maybe they don't want to get into a relationship with someone that might have to be deployed for months or years at a time.

• Because you will only be a temporary fixture in their lives... may not want to fall in love only to watch you literally sail away?

BTW: Navy Veteran myself...

• Maybe because you have a plan for your life and that seems to intimidate the guys. So what job are you getting in the Navy?

• I'm gonna be gunner's mate, but aviation rescue swimmers in two years time. (:

• sounds like you have a plan

• I wouldn't want to date a girl I would basically never see

What Girls Said 0