Girls, Its been 4 years since I dated, is there something wrong?

The last time I dated was back in 2012, most of my friends and family are dating and or married now, I have never had the best of luck with men anyways. Starting to wonder am I destined to be alone at 27? Its like I have given up on men and want to be alone, I am not ugly at all, just fed up with men, dating, getting hurt, and love.

I can't do it any more with men, its not about sex- I can't keep
Doing it, I thought about moving overseas, I have no, motivation to, be with a man, yet they approach me and its no always no.

6

Most Helpful Girl

• Dude I'm your age, about to be 26. I've gone on a few dates over the years, but I do not find it interesting at all. I've had a lot of sex-only "relationships" those are actually my favorite but definitely not for anyone. I'm in the same boat, all my friends are married and with kids, my younger sister is also getting married next year. Just this weekend I felt a little alone and decided to check out the dating thing, Talked to a few men, but I had no interest in it, Putting effort into finding someone and settling down just isn't appealing.
    There is nothing wrong with being single or choosing to be single for your whole life.
    Just because most everyone else needs a partner to get through life, doesn't mean you do.
    If you want to have children, you can do so on your own (very easy since you are a woman) and when you are ready.
    You can buy your own home, buy your own car, go on your own vacations. There is NOTHING in the world that says you have to have a man next to you to do anything.
    Some of us simply succeed better in life on our own. At the end of the day, there is nothing wrong with it, and it is less aggravating. Embrace it.

What Girls Said 5

• I haven't dated in a long time, my friends are married or in serious relationships, and I'm in my 30s.

The title of the question is different from the actual question, because it led me to believe you're not dating because no one wants to date you. You're not dating because you don't want to, it seems. So, how can anything be wrong with it? If you are not that interested in dating, that's fine. If you are but just don't feel like you can find the right person, that's different.

People will give you optimistic answers, but the truth is... the older you are (i. e. once you graduate from school, basically), the harder it gets and the more effort you have to put into it. If you don't want to put the effort, it's more likely you'll be alone. On top of that, if you live in the US, yes, there's a reason you have bad luck with guys--this country is full of low-quality people, both male and female. I think it's easier for a guy to find a quality woman than it is for a woman to find a quality man, but guys tend not to appreciate quality women because quality women usually are more challenging and demand better treatment than other women do. And at this stage, a quality man is almost always going to be taken, and if he's not it's because he's the type who is too scared to approach women. So... all of these issues for you and me. :\

More and more, I'm thinking the answer is just to move to another country.

• You are either not putting yourself out there enough or you are hurt/bitter. The first one is an easier fix than the second.

If you are hurt/bitter, then you have to shift your paradigm. Not all of them are bad. And you have to be a bit more vulnerable too since that is where closeness begins.

• I have tried, very hard bc I have been hurt really really bad. I csn not do it any more

• Then take time out for yourself. Improve your own self-worth. A lot of times, when we don't feel good about ourselves we attract guys who take advantage. Projecting a positive self-image from within often attracts the quality guys while repelling the bad one since they know it'll be difficult taking advantage of you.

• Have you tried and out yourself out there? Online dating? Through mutual friends? Are you trying?

• Oh gosh I feel the same way, actually I currently gave up talking to guys. I'm very pretty and lots of guys want to talk to me but all they ever do is hurt me (even the "nice" guys) I currently broke up with my boyfriend who was one of the sweetest boys ever before we began dating and all he did was hurt me. I'm starting to think all the guys are the same... I guess we're just going to have to wait for that one guy to come along and show us they're not all the same...

• Don't think that. The right person has not come yet, and the best things in life come with time.