Normal dating behavior?

Okay so I'm 24 never been in a relationship before, and have only kissed one guy. I recently started online dating and have been talking to this guy for about one week. One of my main issues is that I'm not a huge talker... It's not just guys i don't want to talk to, I act the same way with my friends and family. But since I realize that its a hugely important aspect of getting to know someone I've been getting myself to text more... Is this normal? That I practically have to force myself to text him also he asked me out, but because it had only been a few days I turned him down and I know he's going to ask again. But the idea of him asking me is causing me serious anxiety... Like I want to change my phone number and identity! Is it normal to feel this anxiety? How do I make myself take the leap? Also he lives like 60 miles from me? I see this as an issue because I hate travelling places... Am I being silly? What do you think, is it just my in experience or am I afraid of change!

Most Helpful Guy

• If you don't change the way you're thinking about this you will be single for the rest of your life. What you are doing is not normal dating behavior.

What Guys Said 1

• Yeah, you're being silly. No dude is gonna drive 60 miles every weekend to see his girlfriend. So you can at best expect two dates outta him.

So why be anxious over the inevitable?

What Girls Said 1

• It is normal. A little anxiety while you're texting someone new is quite common. You will probably feel more comfortable after some time.