Guys, Men, do you like women on the darker side?

At least physically, dark/black hair, always wears dark clothes, tattoos, piercings.

I know personality is key, but this is just about appearance.

Would you date someone like this? Is she short-term, long-term, or marriage material?

Mostly asking b/c there's some women who aren't the "bring home to mom" type, & just the type of girl you just want to hookup with.

I love being who I am & won't change for anyone since I've been this way since a young child. But, I'm also going to be 19 this year & never had an actual/serious relationship.

21

Most Helpful Guy

• I have family who just love commenting and gossiping on who the family is with relationship wise and how much they are making and what they doing. Fortunately, I only see them for parties or small get togethers. Also, I can't be intimate with my family. So you can look however you want to look, but if we can't be intimate then it just won't continue. I don't agree with the " they're for sex only" because that goes to women of all appearances. In this post modern world, what is marriage material? We now have more options and it has become complicated and simple. You will occasionally find the guy who just wants to stick it in and the guy who just wants short term. Long term or "marriage material" is only discovered when BOTH parties have transcended past what others think. I say transcended because you metaphorically surpass what was once a simple relationship and have entered commitment. I suggest you do your best on trying to discern who is "marriage material" to you and hope you qualify for him too.

What Guys Said 20

• I've been with a girl leaning towards the dark side. She listens to heavy metal, metalcore, wears black, has a little dark makeup and sort of had that Metalhead vibe.

I didn't really mind it that much but if her personality started shifting towards corresponding with her appearance then I'd have a problem with it.

If it's just her appearance thats dark and stuff, then I don't see why she isn't long term or marriage material ;)

• I see what you're saying and a lot of guys probably wouldn't marry someone like that.

But if I thought she was "the one" I would marry her. I mean she can always take the most confronting piercings out for the wedding.

I think people like you really belong with other guys who are also like that and they are out there.
    Maybe you'll have a black wedding one day.

• I like or prefer brunettes if that helps. But that other stuff doesn't matter. Regardless of what any of my family thinks, if I love her then they need to accept her. They may not like her but they don't technically have to spend the rest of their life with her. I do. Short term, long, marriage, if I see a future with her and she's "on the darker side" and is confident in who she is then I'm cool with that.

• I remember when a lot of people took the goth route back in junior high and a little bit during high school. I had a huge crush on one of them.

I still think it's attractive, but more specifically the short/cute hair styles that go with it and a few precisely placed piercings.

• No I dont like dark sided women

• Yes I like black hair, it's my favorite and I like black clothes but ALWAYS wearing black is not ok for me, tattoos and piercings are turn offs.

But that's just an opinion from one guy, there are others who like that.

• Yeah why not, what do tattoos or piercing have to do with being gf/wife material or even a good mother for that. A good person is still a good person even if they dress differently than most besides I dig the hippie vibe they give off.
    Unless your sadomasochistic and just plain evil then Im outta here.

• I would go out with a girl like that maybe long term depends on how much we like each other and we have respect for each other respect is a big thing

• If I would love a girl n she also loves me the most then I don't care n yep I can spend my life with that type a girl bc those looks seems to be interesting 😊👌 by the way you look cute so don't worry you can find anyone but just beware of jerks 😉

• yeah dark clothes aren't a big problem but if she wears black everyday it may be a little weird. but its her own choice

• i like happy vibrant colors
    ... i would give it a try though why not

• Fuck no. Taking a toke.

• I love dark and tattoos just something sexy about it.

As for dating long term or marriage depends on the relationship

• Yeah, it's more interesting. I love, love, love your bats tattoo.

• Yeah, I like girls/women like that. Tattoos are hot af too.

• i would prefer this kind of girl for date... no issues

• Yes majority will do although if you are asking about yourself you are cute too :)

• Yes, I do.

• I don't take girls like that seriously. They're for sex only.

• Yes I love dark hair and dark clothes, a little piercing and tattoo is OK...