Girls, How old is too old to date?

• 2 years older than you
    7% (5)
  • 4 years older than you
    9% (6)
  • 6 years older than you
    17% (12)
  • 7 years older than you
    19% (13)
  • Love is love. it doesn't matter.
    48% (34)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

22

Most Helpful Girl

• it depends. For example, I'm 21 I consider myself ok to date anyone up to 29-30 (personally I think most guys at the higher end are looking for different things to me- buying a house & starting a family) So I tend to stay between 18-26 whereas when I was 15 I'd only ever go 2 years absolute max. Different maturity levels at different ages for different people. Different views of things from different generations, different cultural groups, ethnicity, gender, values, morals, experiences and etc (sexual/relationship/family/friendships ect)
    All these things are different for different people so we develop and mature in different ways. Some 14 year olds are wiser then some 60yrs. Consider your own personal development and maturity and make your own decision.

Though I don't think it's wise to participate in sexual relationships that are not permitted by law and generally I've noticed that whilst your young (under 18- or even 18-19) older guys tend to take advantage. (not always consciously) but just remember guys around their 20's have a lot of testosterone they aren't used to and are generally looking for sex. Which is great if your legally okay too and want too have casual sex. :D

What Girls Said 21

• If you're 17 dating a 21 year old , I don't think that's bad. (4 years)
    But If you're 14 dating an 18 year old , it is bad in my opinion.
    It depends on the age range of both people.

Since I don't know how old you are, I will choose 2 years at most to be on the safe side.
    Although
    The reality of it is, when you become an adult 4-8 years age differences don't look that bad anymore.
    It kind of evens out so you look like you're on a similar level.

• https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsFO0-HN-UM
    The limit does not exist! -Mean Girls

• Oh wait, wait hold up XD
      I thought you were an older woman and was wondering how old is ok to date.
      I got lazy.
      Erm ok, if you're under 18 i'd say anywhere from 2-4 is ok.
      If its like a 30 year old guy, he's probably looking for a younger girl cause he's a perv, why else would he look for someone your age! Not because of "love" thats superficial in that age difference.
      So for right now try to stick to someone your age!!

• It depends how old you are. For example, a 14 year old should not date an 18 year old. A 15 year old should not date a 21 year old. These are a 4 and 6 year difference. But if a 32 year old dated a 38 year old it wouldn't be such a problem.

• I try to set a limit at ten years older than me, but I've broken that limit before (by four extra years) so I can't really say I have a distinct limit. As long as the guy isn't the same age or older than my parents.
    However, I refuse to date anyone who is younger than me. Being my same age is a little iffy too. I dated a younger boy once... I don't want to experience that again.

• Everyone has a personal preference mine is 4 years older. But really if a sweet guy older than that came into my life I'm not going to send him away.

• if you are a teen then 2 years older when you are both adults age doesn't really matter

• I don't think the number in general is a problem. If you want to be with someone, their age should not matter. It is just the legal issues that arise if you are under the age of consent (16, 17, or 18 depending on your state) and you date someone that is over it.

• I honestly don't know how to answer this. But as someone else said it depends on your age and feelings towards someone. I personally was in a situation with my brothers friend, where he was 19 and I was 15 at the time and we both liked each other but I felt uncomfortable dating someone of his age.

• It depends on your age. If your belown 15 a year. If your 15 to like 18 it depends on your maturity but like 2-3 19-23 5 years and above that whatever you want. It has to do with your maturity. If your 12, dating an 18 year old would be pretty unreasonable (not to mention illegal ) but if your 48 dating a 54 year is barely a difference

• Yeah, if you are teen (and under 18/under legal age) then age matters. Stay within your age range.

So if you are 16, you can date someone under legal age.

But of you are in your 20s, age does not matter but be careful with who you date.

• I just said 7 years older because I'm 19 and that's as old as I would go right now but when I get older I feel like I wouldn't care.

• If you're under 18 then anyone over 18 is too old, if you're over 18 then no one is too old. Maybe 80.

• I think as long as you're over 18 it shouldn't matter.

• Once you reach legal age, the age gap won't matter.

• Love is love. It doesn't matter, AS LONG AS IT'S LEGAL.

• You're never too old to date, go find your love! 😘😍😍😍

• Unless your 13 and he's about 8 then that is illegal by law. It will get you both into trouble or if he is into his 20's and your 13 it's wrong UNLESS you both are over 18.

• The older you get the bigger the 'accepted' age gap

• Some girls go out with guys who are old enough to be their father. If you love someone, it doesn't matter what their age is.

• I'm 25 and my man is 38. I've known him for a long time. Nobody could even come close to the way he treats me. He spoils me every way possible. So affectionate and sweet. Loves me unconditionally. Protects me. Helps me out with everything and anything I need. Makes me feel like I'm the most beautiful girl in the world. Love is love. As long as both people are happy, it doesn't matter what anyone else says. Especially considering I have yet to meet a man like mine in all these years.

• If you are under 18, then don't date someone out of high school. If you don't want to date someone your age, stay within a grade of each other.
    If you are over 18, you can follow the "half your age plus 5" rule. It only goes down to 18 though. never below.