Guys, How long are you supposed to know the girl before you ask her out?

I want to ask him out but it's been only 5 months. (Not online, irl).

• 2-3 months
  • 4-6 months
  • 7-9 months
    Vote C
  • 10-12 months
    Vote D
  • 1 year +
    Vote E
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll

20

Most Helpful Guy

• There is no time you're "supposed to" wait, that's silly. Why wait?

Ideally you'll ask someone out as soon as you decide you like them. As soon as I decide I like a person I start looking for opportunities to get closer to them and ask them out.

5 months is too long just ask already.

• Why would you date someone you just met? It's better to get to know them a bit...

• I do spend time with them, but not in a romantic way.

• ... that's what I'm doing. What even is a "romantic way"?

My point is don't set arbitrary rules. If it takes a year to decide you're interested then ok, if it takes less than two months then ok. Use your reason and your feelings, don't make up arbitrary rules.

0/2500

Send It!
Sponsored

What Guys Said 19

• I want to get to know you first = friend zone
    I meet you + I'm attracted = asking you for a date now

• I wish I could've/would've asked out my crush sooner. But I hadn't got to know her well enough until after like 4 or 5 months working with her.

• There are no rules

• Long enough that she's comfortable around me.
    Not long enough that she only thinks of me as a friend.

• This is some friendzone level shit. If you like her, ask her out.

• Jesus. If I don't ask a girl out within 2 weeks of getting to know her I'm probably not going to ask her out ever.

• 5 months is enough. Ask.

If everyone followed your rules, no one would ever pick up someone in a bar.

• Once I decide im interested in dating or sleeping with a girl I make my intent clear right away.

• 10 minutes. Next question.

• There is no set time limit. You could have even asked him out the first time you saw him.

• Emm... more like 5 min? Why would you wait 5 months?

• He is the type of person who likes to know the person first. On the first month he said he liked me but not yet for a relationship since we didn't know each other much. After 4 months, he said he liked some other girl and I. He started dating the other girl but they didn't even last a week (it was online). I am currently unsure if he still likes me or not. :/

• Well, sorry for being blunt, but it seems to me he's not interested in you anymore. He never was probably. I can't really talk for him but I need just a few minutes to find out if I like a girl. Of course, she needs to be attractive to me, otherwise I don't even notice her. After a short conversation I already know if I'll ask her out or not. It's simple.

Even if he decides to go out with you on a date now you would still be his "second option" or plan B. Would you really want that?

• Yeah, I know.

• About ten minutes. Sometimes less. You go on dates to get to know people.

• I ask out a lot of women that I have barely known

• Smh shouldn't we be asking you that?

• 1 week is long enough... gosh 5 monthes is like 5% of your life gone, just wondering!

• If I like her, and I'm not committed, the first day.

• as soon as possible... I mean before you get friendzoned !

• A few minutes at least. It's nice to say hi first.

• Hell, if I know a girl longer than a month, I permanently write her off as a potential romantic interest. After a month, it's friendship or no relationship of any kind.