Guys, How long are you supposed to know the girl before you ask her out?

I want to ask him out but it's been only 5 months. (Not online, irl).

• 2-3 months
    79% (27)
  • 4-6 months
    6% (2)
  • 7-9 months
    3% (1)
  • 10-12 months
    0% (0)
  • 1 year +
    12% (4)
And you are? I'm a GuyGirls can not vote on this poll

20

Most Helpful Guy

• There is no time you're "supposed to" wait, that's silly. Why wait?

Ideally you'll ask someone out as soon as you decide you like them. As soon as I decide I like a person I start looking for opportunities to get closer to them and ask them out.

5 months is too long just ask already.

• Why would you date someone you just met? It's better to get to know them a bit...

• I do spend time with them, but not in a romantic way.

• ... that's what I'm doing. What even is a "romantic way"?

My point is don't set arbitrary rules. If it takes a year to decide you're interested then ok, if it takes less than two months then ok. Use your reason and your feelings, don't make up arbitrary rules.

What Guys Said 19

• I want to get to know you first = friend zone
    I meet you + I'm attracted = asking you for a date now

• I wish I could've/would've asked out my crush sooner. But I hadn't got to know her well enough until after like 4 or 5 months working with her.

• There are no rules

• Long enough that she's comfortable around me.
    Not long enough that she only thinks of me as a friend.

• This is some friendzone level shit. If you like her, ask her out.

• Jesus. If I don't ask a girl out within 2 weeks of getting to know her I'm probably not going to ask her out ever.

• 5 months is enough. Ask.

If everyone followed your rules, no one would ever pick up someone in a bar.

• Once I decide im interested in dating or sleeping with a girl I make my intent clear right away.

• 10 minutes. Next question.

• There is no set time limit. You could have even asked him out the first time you saw him.

• Emm... more like 5 min? Why would you wait 5 months?

• He is the type of person who likes to know the person first. On the first month he said he liked me but not yet for a relationship since we didn't know each other much. After 4 months, he said he liked some other girl and I. He started dating the other girl but they didn't even last a week (it was online). I am currently unsure if he still likes me or not. :/

• Well, sorry for being blunt, but it seems to me he's not interested in you anymore. He never was probably. I can't really talk for him but I need just a few minutes to find out if I like a girl. Of course, she needs to be attractive to me, otherwise I don't even notice her. After a short conversation I already know if I'll ask her out or not. It's simple.

Even if he decides to go out with you on a date now you would still be his "second option" or plan B. Would you really want that?

• Yeah, I know.

• About ten minutes. Sometimes less. You go on dates to get to know people.

• I ask out a lot of women that I have barely known

• Smh shouldn't we be asking you that?

• 1 week is long enough... gosh 5 monthes is like 5% of your life gone, just wondering!

• If I like her, and I'm not committed, the first day.

• as soon as possible... I mean before you get friendzoned !

• A few minutes at least. It's nice to say hi first.

• Hell, if I know a girl longer than a month, I permanently write her off as a potential romantic interest. After a month, it's friendship or no relationship of any kind.