I'm 20, a junior in college, and have never had a boyfriend... is there something wrong with me?

None of the guys were ever interested in me in middle school or high school, but I didn't like any of them either. Now I'm a junior in college and thought I might have a better chance at dating but I haven't had any luck. I've talked to a few guys for a while and then they just disappeared. This is a pattern with me and I'm not sure why. Everyone tells me I'm very beautiful, sweet, and smart but yet I have the toughest time with dating.

is there something wrong with me? I'm startimg to feel hopeless and think I'll never get a boyfriend.

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm an almost 24-year-old college graduate and I haven't either. I wasn't interested in dating in high school or for my first year or two of college. Once I put in a little effort, I had some bad experiences, but I've learned from them, both about myself, how others may think about dating, and what things are important to me in a partner. I've had the same experience as you, with guys saying I have great qualities, yet they treat me like crap. Sometimes you go through patches with lots of duds. It's not your fault if the other person isn't ready or mature enough for a relationship. I have my periods of doubt, but if you really work on yourself as a person, you'll find an even better guy when the time comes.

What Guys Said 4

• No. Nothing is wrong. I am in the same boat. I'm 19 heading into my junior year of college and I've never had a girlfriend. The reasons being I am too afraid of rejection and I've never noticed a girl showing interest in me. It's not abnormal. I have plenty of friends that have never had a relationship either

• No nothing is wrong with you! You just have not found a guy who will stick around yet! Maybe they are intimidated by your beauty and how sweet you are?

• I don't want to sound like it's all her fault here because that's not how I feel but it is definitely not because they are intimidated by her beauty and kindness, that's total crap. I've never said to myself 'this girl seems into me but she is too respectable and beautiful for me to handle so I'm gonna stop talking to her'. Those are both sought after traits and a pattern of men being scared off by them is very unlikely. It's more likely that she is doing/not-doing something which is causing them to lose interest. But really, we don't have nearly enough information to give her a better insight into whatever the problem may be. Her best course of action is to try to find someone who is somewhere between friend and acquaintance who won't bullshit her who can give her some insight into what she does wrong. Perhaps she isn't aggressive enough? Perhaps she is boring? Perhaps she is annoying? I cannot say what she does wrong but I know it's not what you said.

• you only mentioned good things about yourself and you askd this on anon, so there's no way we could know if there is something wrong with you.

if guys are disappearing on you, odds are you're meeting them at parties right?

• Hard to say without knowing absolutely any details about you.

Sooooooo... there might be something wrong with you.

What Girls Said 1

• that is normal/