At what point should a woman reciprocate when dating?

Women are now more in the job market than ever, however many men are still expected to pay for the first date. At what point do I stop paying for dates and let her plan them and pay for them?

Most Helpful Girl

• I always offer to pay on the first date. Some guys don't want to let me, and if that's the case, then I'll insist on paying for another part of the date or pay for the next date.

• But are you truly insisting? because in a survey most women were taken back when the man let her pay

• Yes, I do insist, and I'm not taken aback when a man lets me pay. I WANT to share in the costs of dating, and I've been doing so since I first started dating at age 15.

I'm just not willing to make a scene about it. Like, when I was younger, I went on a double date with my best friend and a guy she just started dating. When the bill came, they argued for a good 20 minutes about who would pay. "No, no, let me pay.", "No, I want to pay," and trying to hand each other their money back after the other would put it down on the table. The waitress was standing there, not knowing what to do, and ended up having to leave and come back a few times.

There comes a point where I can tell that a guy really doesn't want me to pay and is going to argue with me about it, so if I can tell that that's the case, then I let him, but tell him that if he pays, I'm going to pay for, say, the movie (if we're on a dinner and movie date) or that I'm going to pay for the next date.

• Thanks for MHO!

What Girls Said 2

• At any point.
    My boyfriend and I basically from the start always split the bill, with him grabbing it only on occasions like an anniversary, my birthday, etc..

• The point at which you want to be dumped.

What Guys Said 1

• I rarely pay on the first date. Normally we run two separate bills on the first date. Always go for the spilt on the first. We are in the 21st century after all.