I finally realized I'm in love with my best friend. What should I do?

This guy and I have been really good friends for a while and he has turned into one of my best friends. Everyone always kept telling me that I love him and we should date cause they all thought we had feelings for each other but I denied it. Recently it hit me that I am madly in love with him and don't know what to do. I wanna tell him and just be with him in a relationship but I'm too scared. I think I'm way out of his league cause he's a football player and one of the most popular guy in my school): even if I do tell him how should I do it? I don't have the balls to talk to him in person about this. Thank you

Most Helpful Girl

• Hun just tell him. In person. Trust me. When I was in high school I was extremely in love with my best friend Justin. And same thing he was one the football team and one of the hottiest guys I've met. I was scare, I was terrified and even though he was my best friend I wondered "what the hell would he see in a girl like me?" But I was tired of watching all these girls trying to be with him and finally when I sat there alone with him I told him that I love him

I almost shit myself too because he just looked at me and smiled then he just out of no where kisses me and told me he loved me too.

You're going to be fine. Just be brave and go for it. You should always let someone know when you love them :)

What Guys Said 1

• It's either confess your love, or seduce him with your sexiness.

What Girls Said 3

• Tell him how you feel. Chances are he feels the same. I will be marrying my Best Friend (since I was five) on July 11th, we've been practically inseparable since we met in pre-school!

Best friend relationships are the best, just lay down some ground rules about what happens if things go wrong romantically, make sure to agree to remain friends no matter what. It's worked for us.

• tell him you only live once!! dont waste time girl... every day isn't promised to us. make each day worth it. if you truly love him, let him know. how unfortunate would it be if you never did and you missed out on one of the most beautiful experiences of your life? and he doesn't feel that way, what is the other option. you have you heart broken when he starts dating someone and falls in love with her and you missed the boat and always wonder what if? choose love!!! good luck!!

• Don't ask him bluntly. The next few times you hang out be a little more cheeky each time... see how he reacts. If he's feeling it, go in for a hand touch or even a kiss on the cheek and give him a flirty look.. Build off that.

If he doesn't show interest, quietly back away and lick your wounds in private while you continue to be his friend.