How do I stop thinking I'll be single forever? Should I be single forever? Do you really meet someone when you're not looking?

I'm 24, have been single for 3 1/2 years. I've had my fun crazy and party days. I haven't had sex in a little over a year, because I'm not one to sleep around. I'm not looking for a boyfriend, nor dating. I wouldn't even know where to start with that. I work, a lot. It's a career, at least 48+ hours of work a week. I can't help but think I'll be single forever. I am overweight, not way over weight. But a little chunky. I just can't seem to get over the fact that I'm still single, I'd like to get married and have kids, not any time soon, but I feel like I should start taking the steps into finding my husband so we can spend quality time together before having kids.
How do I change my way of thinking? When do you become completely happy with being single forever? Where do I meet someone? Or do I just completely forget about it? Help this single girl out!!!

Most Helpful Guy

• I thought I found my first love, but I was wrong. Really messed me up for a while. Kind of put me off, even intimidated me a bit, making me think I will never find them. Some days I don't think I will. Others I'm hopeful. I try not to look. Instead, I just go about things and maybe I'll just come across them. Like if love was like Narnia: you can only find it when not actively searching. At least, I think this is how it is for me. No luck so far. Maybe my hope is weighing me down because I have so much of it.

I dunno. Just keep at it.

Live in the spaces between the panels (Super).

What Guys Said 5

• Well, you were able to attract a man before. Logically it stands to reason that you would be able to do it again.

For the record, I tend to be skeptical when people say you meet someone when you're not looking. I believe you are more likely to meet someone when you are not feeling negative and perhaps desperate. I say that if you're a person who doesn't want to be single, then go out and cast your net.

For one, I would ask you what you are doing to find a husband? Are you making yourself interesting? Are you making yourself attractive? Do you set aside some time to do interesting hobbies? I know you work a lot, but many people do, and they make time to do fun and interesting things.

I would recommend you set aside some time to meet new people who do similar things that you do. I would also recommend that you stop thinking in terms of finding a husband as like being a hunter or a sniper (one shot, one kill). It's more like being a fisherman casting a net.

I would also do things that make you have a more positive outlook. Hanging out with friends. Perhaps doing volunteer work (I know you are very busy, but you'd be surprised how flexible volunteer work can be, to say nothing of how rewarding). I might recommend getting more physically active like doing some exercise. This produces dopamine and endorphins and it makes you feel better, not to mention its physical health benefits.

May I ask what you do for a living?

• Well if you are looking not to date anyone or be in a relationship with anyone, you will probably stay single because that is what you seem to want.

• Yes life has a habit of surprising you when you least expect it so don't give up just yet.

• Find a place where guys hand out like coffee shops or the beach and frequent them a lot.

• This sounds more like an emotion thing. I fight emotions with logic (if i feel i need to control it). To do that, i do mental exercises. Logically think what would happen if you're single foreeeeeeever. What would you lose? From the top of my mind i'd say you'd lose a chance to have kids with your genes, although science may change that soon if it hadn't already did. What are other things you can think of?

What Girls Said 2

• NAh I don't think thats true. How to stop feeling single?
    1) take a long walk maybe jog around the park
    2) make new friends or hang out with family or others
    3) find hobbies like swimming/running/art/singing/ acting... you don't have to be good at it but you have to enjoy it ( be passionate in a way you get lost in what your doing/ that you lose track of time kinda of hobbies.
    4) Treat yourself by buying your self things
    FINAlly, write down why you are a worthy person and what you are grateful for having in life that people don't have.

• No ones happy being single. That would be helpful if you now likes someone around you and be confidence just the way you are. Do something different and don't work too much. Good luck :)