Would you date a guy that's armed forces or is a cop?

I talked to this guy for a while online. we want to meet but then he told me that he is signing up for the marines by the end of the summer. I've met a couple of people who are married to armed forces guys. I really like this guy but I'm afraid that im setting myself up for heartbreak. The marines move them a lot, you don't see your SO for months, maybe even years. I don't know if I can do that. Is it wrong to want stability? To see your loved one every day? What do you think? by the way I'm 30 he is 23.

Most Helpful Guy

• What you want (seeing him every day, stability) isn't wrong at all. However, if you stay with him you're already know that you may not have these things. So, if you're willing to face this situation, go ahead. If you aren't, then maybe it's better to be just friends with him.

Most Helpful Girl

• I have been with men from every branch except the Navy. Nothing serious, just a few dates. I personally will never get involved with another military man or cop. I respect them and their work but I have found they (typically) aren't intelligent or open minded enough for me. Which is why o don't see anything wrong with you having the preferences you have and sticking with them. Being fair and curteous in dating isn't giving everyone a chance. It is knowing what you need and want, and what your deal breakers are so that you can identify these in another individual quickly and not waste someone's time when you know it couldn't work out.

• That was very reassuring, thanks!

What Guys Said 4

• Cops are more likely to beat their wives than any other profession, just saying.

• I wondered about that. He has a Associates in criminal Justice and is going to join the navy to be military police. I thought I was paranoid :/

• it doesn't seem like such a good idea.

• Meh, providing he's not a Royal Marine.

• probably not.

What Girls Said 3

• Only if he brings his uniform in the bedroom :P

Lol but seriously, I don't think I would. And no, I don't think you're wrong for wanting that. It's hard when the person you love is away from you.

• My dad was in the armed forces. There is no way I am marrying a service man.

• No I wouldn't.