Does anyone else feel like they'll never find their ideal mate?

Just seems impossible that I'll ever find someone I love that much that also loves me back

I'm 24 now and every year it just seems more and more impossible. Just go to sleep every night thinking of what could have been...

Most Helpful Guy

• Every night.

But then I realize where I got in life by not letting that get to me.

I studied abroad, i had an internship in a foriegn county, I graduated with two degrees. I found a job that is starting position in healthcare admin, with room to advance, I'll be moved out of my parents place by the end of the month, and I'll be making enough to support for day to day needs and hobbies on my own. I thank my parents that they are paying off my student debt. I also went through probably the most mentally abusive on/off relationship one can think off. Ever since I cut that cunt off from my life, its been nothing but going up.

Point is, don't let that bring you down, focus on bettering yourself, becoming more confident and secure in who you are as a man and a person.

She'll come around. Patience is key, the best things in life are worth waiting for.

• That used to be my mindset but honestly she's not coming around and I know that now.

What Girls Said 4

• Yeah, I do feel like that. In 18 years I haven't found anything even slightly close to what could be called love, even though I know I'm young, I'm already losing hope. I feel like I'm too complicated for anyone to ever truly love me.
    I don't know, maybe some people are meant to be alone forever. I hope not though.

• Yup, thats how I felt at 18, 19, 20, all the way up to now turning 24. I see plenty of girls but I can never see any of them as "my love" they just don't live up to what I have in mind (not even talking physically)

• @PiuBelloAmante Nothing guaranteed, but thanks!! :))

• *Nothing's

• Yes, I feel like that a lot. My age says 13 but I turned 14. Anyways I feel like this because sometimes I feel ugly and no boy will never like me and I'm just going to be #foreveralone. Plus, when I like boys I mostly get rejected because they don't like me that way. Some guys say they don't like me because I'm ugly :"(. Also, I'm scared to let a guy in my life because this guy I use to go out with me, cheated on me with my now two bestfriends because we got revenge and he ended up being single. I'm scared you know, because you'll never know if they're going to hurt you like that other person did. :"( </3

• No I feel the same way.. One day it will happen I hope

• Yeah from time to time but I know he's out there

What Guys Said 4

• Maybe you place unreasonable standards, or your idea is too grand

What i have realized is that by being your authentic self, you attract people with the same ideas and energy

Just be yourself, and the universe will take care of you, dont use your mind to find love my friend, follow your heart, it will lead you to love

• Nah that's bullshit lol sorry, I've been doing me for years and years now

• So how does reality work?

• I dont know but it def doesn't work like you think it does

• I have learned to accept that a 100% match to the ideal is super unlikely. Settle for 92-99%.

• I think 90% is still impossible, 80 is even unlikely
      Don't understand how all these people around me are in love/getting married

• Just keep looking man she's out there

• you'll find Mrs right just have to look really hard