Girls, would you ever remotely consider dating a guy shorter than you? And would it bother you if you did?

Girls, I'm so fucking short for a guy (5'3) and I've always been really curious about this. From the people I've been with, I've never dated a girl that wasn't either my height or shorter. Honestly I never really considered dating a girl taller than me before because I always assume that most girls are automically not interested in having a boyfriend that's shorter than them. From what's portrayed in the media, movies, stories, etc ... the guy is ALWAYS taller than the girl so I always felt girls are embarrased if they have a boyfriend shorter than them. And I always hear about how most girls want a tall boyfriend mainly because of this reason. But honestly it's never really affected me cause you know, it's my height haha... Can't really do much about it. But still, I've always been really curious if my assumptions about this are true or not.

• Yes
    49% (19)
  • No
    51% (20)
And you are? I'm a GirlGuys can not vote on this poll

23

Most Helpful Girl

• I'm a tall girl at 5'9 and I'm usually not attracted to shorter guys. It sounds harsh but It's just weird being the taller one. I'm not shallow , it's just for practical reasons , when we hug or cuddle I don't want your face in my boobs , sex can be complicated. However !!! If you're honestly just a great dude and we make a really good couple there is no way in hell I would let your height change my opinion about you. So I guess my answer would be that for some girls they would never even consider it and for others , certain things are more important than your height

• No not harsh at all haha. That's a very practical reason. But would you say though that that there are more girls that care or don't care?

• I'm honestly not sure. I'd like to say that most girls prioritize compatability and personality over height , but there are always those shallow bitches who value looks above all else. As long as your staying away from snobs you should be fine ! Eventually you're going to meet someone so great and neither of you will think twice about the height difference (if there is one) :)

• Awww that's sweet of you but I'm already engaged to her :) haha I was just curious of the answers.

What Girls Said 22

• Aw man, every person has their interests. I have many girlfriends who'd even rather a short guy than a tall one! Most people who worry too much about this kind of stuff is too superficial, so you wouldn't want to date them anyway. So I'm just so very glad you aren't letting this bother you! '3'

• My boyfriend is shorter than me and it doesn't bother me at all. I like how kissing feels like and I see no problem in it. I do not feel embarrassed of it, but I feel proud of us because we can make it happen.

• For a girl who is 5'3 1/2 dating a taller guy can be more fun in the sense that you know if you like when your guy is rough and or commanding (sexually) it makes you feel smaller. Where as a shorter guy makes you sort of not feel as turned on and can make wearing heels feel awkward especially if they make you like 5 inches taller then their guy. I'm not apposite to dating someone shorter but dating someone taller has its perks

• I didn't realize sexual dominance was determined by height ;) but seriously even at my height I still do that

• Well then find someone who appreciates you and doesn't complain so much. She sounds a little too self centered if you ask me.

• I voted yes I would consider it: but at 5'2", it has never been a real concern of mine. Vast majority of men are taller than me.

• I would usually say no but I met one guy was shorter and very attractive. I would have dated him.

So it depends on what you look like.

• Find a shorter girl.

• I prefer them just a little taller which as of right now for me isn't hard (5'2" lol) but I wouldn't mind if he was just a little shorter. Except not really too short to where I have to crouch down to be eye to eye. That'd just be embarrassing for the both of us

• Honestly if I liked a guy I would date him anyway but i'm 5'3" and if he was 5'2" or smaller that would be pretty small for a guy, if I was a taller girl I would date guys shorter then me though lol

• I'm 5'1 and I seriously don't know of any guys that are shorter than me which are of my age or older. But yes, I'd date him but not too much shorter. And no, I wouldn't be bother by it.

• Its really hard when you ask two questions in a poll and my answer is different for both.
    YES I would date a shorter guy, and NO it wouldn't bother me. My boyfriend is a bit shorter than me and it really doesn't matter.

• I would consider dating a guy that's about the same height as me (I'm 5'2") but, I probably wouldn't date a guy that's shorter than 5'0".

• It would bother me. I'm around the same height as you but I prefer the guy to be a little taller.

• I don't know any guys shorter than me lol but I guess I would

• Well.. I'd date a shorter guy but not much shorter. I don't want to feel awkward. :)

• The guy I'm dating now is about 2 inches shorter than me and I can barely tell a difference but I'm scared to try anything shorter than 2 inches short of my height

• It's what's on the inside that counts. There is nothing wrong with being short.

• Height really isn't a big deal to me. I prefer short over tall though.

• A little shorter then I is alright especially if he's built with wide shoulders and what not.

• I'm 6' but I'd date a guy that was 5'10" so in those terms yes j would date someone shorter than me

• For your height I really wouldn't mind since I'm not even 5ft yet lol but I honestly don't like tall guys that much and I know some guys that are shorter than me but I usually say their adorable since their so short

• Yes, if I like other things about you that make me attracted to you, your height wouldn't matter that much.

• I don't have a problem dating a guy who is shorter than me. I mean, I might not date a guy with dwarfism, but 5'3" wouldn't be a problem.

(I'm around 5'5" or 5'6" myself).

• Yay! Good to know haha