Girls: Would you be bothered if the guy you were on a date with didn't pay for you?

Let's say you went out with a guy to a restaurant or something and at the end he asks to split the bill. Would it bother you?

I know that a lot of you will say it depends on who asked who out, but c'mon, we all know that guys asks girls like 80-90% of the time.

• Yes, it would bother me.
  • Yes, but just a little.
  • No, it wouldn't bother me.
  • No, I actually prefer if we pay separately.
  • Other

Most Helpful Girl

What Girls Said 7

• Splitting the bill seems pretty standard, in my experience. I have no problem with it, and I prefer to share the costs of dating.

• To be honest , id assume the bill would be split anyway.. If he didn't suggest the idea , then i would. 😃

• If he didn't give me the choice that would feel very unchivelrous. The person who asks is expected to pay that's just how it is. I think that if the other person offers then you can take it from there. That's why the best dates are when he cooks for her cx it's really sweet and takes time and effort plus it shows her that he could be a capable partner.

• It honestly doesn't bother me at all, shit, I would probably pay for both of us.

• No, what the hell? I always try to pay for myself!

• I think in Asian countries (I've heard that even in more modern countries like Malaysia and Singapore too), where the society is still rather conservative, yes you'd be expected to pay otherwise it's to the friend zone.

• Don't get me wrong, I'd be flattered if he did pay for me, but I wouldn't expect it. I can't afford to pay for two so I wouldn't pay for both of us and I wouldn't expect him to either.

What Guys Said 5

• I am sure they would not like it

• I said E since i have asked this question to girls in real life...
    They say that:
    If you guys go on your first date - theN you must (Atleast) ask/offer to pay.

SO offer bit they will usually say no... except if their trying to see something... or if they are quire poor. Or just maybe they want to feel special... so you have to be prepared to pay and willing.

• Its the 21st century. If she has a job we split the bill on the first date.

• I plan to pay for the first few dates.

• I was just thinking of asking this question earlier wtf