Do you find men who are funny sometimes have a hard time showing off their sense of humor on the first few dates until they come out of their shell?

Most Helpful Guy

• As a certified funny guy I can tell you that I feel like I have to try hard at being funny sometimes when I hang with my crush or even when I text her. It's like my brain goes off of autopilot so I have to manually judge whether something is funny and if I should say it.

When I'm with anyone else I just have no filter and I can make them laugh quite often.
    It kinda sucks because even though humor is something my crush and I have in common and it connects us, I feel like I could be way more funny around her, but I'm thinking too hard about it.

What Guys Said 6

• Yeah. My sense of humor is not for everyone, it's very witty so many people don't get it, and sometimes I avoid it at first to give a better impression, but when I'm more comfortable I let it all out.

• I would say so. It takes a while before you can gauge what tickles someone's sense of humour, and just telling random jokes is a bit silly on a date (might as well go see a standup comedian if that's what you wanted).

• Of course, cause if they show it off too much they may risk offending their date.

It's not them coming out of their shell so much as them becoming more comfortable with you.

• Then they are plainly shy

• I agree with @RexCatholicissimus on this, people I know generally think I'm funny and I've had the experience of telling a joke to a crush and had her take it literally or get offended. When guys are around women they like we have to put a filter on what we are saying to avoid that.

For example, the people in the departments I work in know that I work really hard and that I often times take on extra hours. I made a joke to this girl from a different department who I know likes me because we were talking about what our plans were for the weekend. She asked me about my plans and I told her that I don't get days off and I live in a little tent in the warehouse. She took it somewhat literally and told me that I need to get a life. I got a laugh (which was probably fake but better than nothing) when I told her I was just joking. The people who know me well would have thought it was funny but A) she didn't have enough context and B) she didn't pick up that I was being sarcastic because we didn't know each others sense of humor.

• Yes, we guys can get nervous so we start relaxing more as we progreess with a girl.

Sometimes, the girl across the table can be intimidating!! We have words, and then they don't come out because they're so hot. And we worry about you liking us and not saying something stupid. Or we say something funny and think omg, why did I say that like Ross from friends thinking about saying something..

It happens!!

Could you help me on mine pls? www.girlsaskguys.com/.../q1542475-why-do-some-girls-pose-like-this-with-their-mouth-open-what-does-it

What Girls Said 1

• They're nervous so it's understandable, but I haven't met one that was like that. :)