I like him but don't know if I want a boyfriend?

I've spent the past few weeks talking to a guy from work (we're 18). I'm pretty sure he likes me and might ask me out. I don't want him to think I led him on if I say no, but I like him a lot but don't know if I want something casual or serious. He knows I've never really had a relationship. I'm just really conflicted because I'm terrified of commitment. I never thought I'd end up liking him so I'm caught off guard. What should I do? Any ideas of what we could do tomorrow when we hang? Really don't want to stay home.

Most Helpful Girl

• First off, take a deep breath. I was scared of commitment in a lot of ways at your age, so I understand the feeling. However, agreeing to hang out is not a commitment whatsoever. It can be as casual as two friends getting together. You like him, want to spend time with him, and it doesn't have to be anything more than that at this point.

You're not supposed to know whether you want something serious with him yet. Just enjoy yourself and let it unfold naturally. If you decide you want something casual, keep it casual. As long as you're honestly communicating with him when he asks, you're not doing anything wrong.

What Guys Said 0

What Girls Said 1

• go to the movies.