Help! My boyfriend is moving to a different country?

So my boyfriend was acting really different and upset lately. I asked what was wrong and he finally told me that his dad found a job in England. We live in the U. S. and he doesn't want to go. He even talked about running away from his family so he wouldn't have to leave. So apparently they are going to live in England for 10 years and then move back to the U. S. I feel bad cause he doesn't want to go but he kinda doesn't have a choice. We were on the phone crying this morning. He said we are gonna try dating with the distance for a month and see how it goes. If it doesn't go well, then we break up and just stay friends. But both of us really love eachother and don't want to break up. I'm in tears just writing this. Like I can't imagine not being his girlfriend. Is there any advice you could give? Or any ways to help this work out? I'm going to see if my parents will let me visit him towards the end of the summer so hopefully that will help.

Most Helpful Girl

• Yes. And LDR's are possible, with commitement. Although, my case is not exactly like urs. We started as an LDR. the plunge for u guys may be worse. Just you need to really be working on communication from now on. everything and anything (feelings of missing, of not being well) all have to b communicated. and you should also try to remind each other of how much u love each other with frequent I loves you and cute texts expressing feelings (almost like love letters lol) to make up for the lack of physicall touch. Skype dates when possible are a must. google hangouts is also goood. whatsapp. sexting lol. even a bit of cam action is fine if u guys are already at that stage and trust each other.

What Guys Said 3

• Life, in the best cases, is a long journey, dear. You already have some plans of a long distance relationship, so follow them and see how it goes. Your boyfriend seems to have accepted the fact that it might not be as good as should and the possibility of a break up is real, staying friends.

You're very young. Both of you, I suppose. And sometimes life has these little surprises that can make us suffer. But we have to adapt, go further, live our lives. Give yourself the time - it is a good medicine - and focus on goals: studies, career, sports, hobbies. Eventually things will settle by themselves.

• Don't give up, continue this relationship long distance. I know that it's possible that things get colder between you, but it's better trying than thinking that things won't work because of distance.

• Long distance relationships don't work.

What Girls Said 3

• You should go for the long distance relationship, if may be hard at first but many long distance relationships actually work really well given that you trust one another.. But England.. wow.. I really feel for him 😅 I'm from Luxembourg but study in the UK and honestly.. England sucks! 😭

• if you are really committed it will work. it's gonna be hard, extremely hard but it will be worth it. what about college? can he come back to the states for that? or colleges in England are very good too. anything is possible

• Its alright darling a long distance relationship is hard work, but if you and your boyfriend really love each other y'all be able to overcome the distance. Just make sure that you guys have lots of communication as trust. Skype with him, send him letters, ship him gifts, it'll work! I wish y'all the best, I'll make sure to pray for y'all's relationship tonight.💕