Guys, when you say you don't want a relationship do you not want a relationship or not want a relationship with that girl?

Title says it all

0|0

Most Helpful Guy

• it definitely could be either.

There are definitely guys I know, who could get girls without any problem, but CHOOSE to stay single. They'll happily have sex with girls, but they have no interest in the restrictions, obligations, and expectations that come with a relationship - they want to be free to do what they want when they want.

And those guys often get girls who are interested in them, and sometimes will have sex with them. I'm pretty sure at least some of those girls want relationships with those guys, but they don't get them, because those guys WANT to be single.

Also, some guys simply know that their own circumstances don't lend themselves to being in a relationship at that time. Maybe he works 2 jobs, and has no free time. Maybe he's broke, and can't afford to date (yes, girls, even the cheapest girl is going to cost money to date), maybe he lives at home and can't bring girls home. Maybe he's going to be moving soon, or going back to school, etc.

The reality is: it doesn't matter. Either a guy WANTS a relationship or he doesn't, and if he doesn't, the reason why is irrelevant - you probably won't change his mind. Thus, if you are looking for a relationship, you need to be looking for guys who want the same thing, and are actively looking to get into a relationship (and will state as much to you). Otherwise, you are probably wasting your time on the guy and/or setting yourself up to get hurt.

0|0
    0|0

What Guys Said 12

• It could mean either. He could be saying that he "does not want a relationship with a girl" so he does not hurt your feelings or he could really not want "a relationship with any girl" right at the moment. Maybe he has personal things going on or he could even be gay and is not interested in relationships with girls. There are so many reasons. I think you should watch how he behaves around other girls to see if he ignores them or he is flirty with them.

0|0
    0|0
  • Most of the time it means he doesn't want a relationship with that girl in particular. But he could also just be playing the field and getting at any and everything that gives him the chance. Which is DEFINITELY not who you should be interested in

1|1
    0|0
  • Most of the time I'm gonna say the guy is referring to it being with that particular girl.

0|0
    0|0
  • What's for sure is that he doesn't want a relationship with that girl, but some guys don't even want a relationship at all.

0|0
    0|0
  • Men wants sex.
    Women wants relationships.

If women makes it hard for men to have sex then men will also make it hard for women to have relationship.

0|1
    0|0
  • Most of the time when we say that we want you to believe that we dont want a relation at all, but the truth is that we dont want a relation with you and we dont want to hurt you by telling you that.

0|1
    0|0
  • oh god... lol

0|0
    0|0
  • No guy wants to stay single

0|1
    0|0
  • no relationship

0|0
    0|0
  • Either or he either doesn't want a relationship or dosnt want one with you hard to tell.

0|0
    0|0
  • He just want to hook up that's all.

0|0
    0|0
  • Means with that girl specifically. I'd probably accept a proposition from a girl who was amazing even if it was a bit of a bad time for me.

0|0
    0|0