Girls is this true?

• yes thats the truth
  • No, nice guys are still awesome

Most Helpful Girl

• I more or less agree with her...

Let me share a story that got me thinking about this:

I'm a nurse, and there's a week in may called Nursing Week, to celebrate nurses. At my work, we do this thing called "Warm and Fuzzies" during Nursing Week, where everyone has a blank greeting card with their name on it, and we pass them around and write compliments or other nice things to each other. Kind of silly, but whatever. One night shift, we have some downtime, so we're all signing each other's cards. One of my colleagues says, "I don't know what to write for a lot of people, I feel like I just keep writing, "You're nice". We all laughed, because a lot of us we're doing the same thing. Someone made a joke, "Oh god, I'm going to get mine back and it's just going to say, "You're nice" over and over."

Some of my colleagues are genuinely very nice people. Like, kind, caring, helpful, never say a mean word about anyone. But a lot of the people that I wrote "You're nice" to were a) people I didn't know very well because they were only recently hired, or because they just worked casually, b) people I didn't know very well because they were shy/quiet, c) people who are kind of bland.. nothing really sticks out to me about their personality; I can't really think of any specific time where we had an interesting conversation, or shared a laugh, or whatever.

Being nice is a GOOD thing, but "nice" is also used as a "filler" word. People often use the word "nice" to describe someone when there's nothing wrong with the person, but you can't think of anything more specific to say about them. And if you can't think of anything more specific to say about them, then there's a good chance that in your interactions, they've come across as bland, boring, uninteresting, or otherwise unmemorable.

":Nice" is the bare minimum standard for me. I would only date someone who was nice. I wouldn't date someone who treated was an asshole to me or to other people---that's a huge turn-off. But it takes more than just being "nice" for me to be attracted to someone. I meet nice people every day, but I'm not attracted to all of them and I'm not compatible with all of them. Nice alone isn't going to catch or keep my interest.

• Oops, I meant to say "I wouldn't date someone who was an asshole to me or to other people"

What Girls Said 1

• not at all.

What Guys Said 5

• That is definitely the truth. Lots of guys are afraid of disagreeing or standing out or challenging a girl out of fear of making a negative impression not realizing that making no, impression on her is almost just as bad. Lots of guys become soo preoccupied with being as non-sexual as possible to try and prove they don't just want sex that the girl never feels the guy is actually sexually attracted to them at all and loses any romantic interest she may have initially had

• Yup nice is good

• It's true unless the girl is between the ages of 29-35.

• when you're good looking you can be nice. when you're ugly, you can't

• Yes LOL haha.