Why would a woman ask me why I have never dated?

I am 25 year old male. I don't date and haven't kissed girl, never held a woman's hand, and have never been on a date. The whole process of dating is a joke and a game to me and I'd rather not participate in it. Some girl overheard me and my friends talk about this. She asked me why I don't date. Politely, I told her it's none of her business and to leave me alone. She rolled her eyes and walked off. Why would she ask me that? Do people mind their own business anymore?

Most Helpful Girl

• You're correct. It is *not* anyone's business, the same way I constantly get asked why I don't have children at my age. I too find having children to be a joke and a game, and I'd rather not participate in it.

But people who are different and don't do the same things that *most* people do by a certain age are oddities to some and they feel that it's just naturally okay to ask you such a personal question as if you are a sideshow freak and there must be some reasoning for you not doing what most of the world has already done.

I'm with you, it's none of her business, she was rude to ask, and I find it hilarious when you called her on a personal question not warranting an answer that she rolls her eyes and walks off, not accepting that she was being intrusive.

• A lot of women feel they can do anything they want. I called her on her attempt to be noisy.

• Meh I think many people feel entitled to ask things that are none of their business, depending on the situation. I have had a lot of nosy personal questions from men too about my choice to have no children, feeling as though it was their business to find out why, or if they could mark me to be the mother of their children as if I am saving motherhood for a special occasion.

What Girls Said 2

• She was probably just curious. Maybe she was even dissapointed. But you're right, she really was out of place.

• There are other guys out there. She'll live.

• Of course but she still mightve been surprised to hear somebody like you was single.

• Well, she might have been interested in dating you.

• And sure, it wasn't any of her business, but curiosity can sometimes be rewarded.

What Guys Said 3

• She was just curious.

• Well, she should be curious with someone else.

• Ironically you told us, who do not care, but then again that's just how humans roll.

• She noticed you're bad with girls

• Even if I am, it's nobody's business.

• she might been interested in you. i agree it is a joke. well nexttime tell them its indiscreet and thy should mind their own business and not other people's personal lives... .