Lonely 23 male. Can anyone help?

I need some advice. I hardly have any friends. I am very shy when it comes to meeting new people, but I want a girlfriend. I have a very successful career and all I am missing is a girlfriend. I am very well off for my age and make pretty good money. Where can I meet my future soul mate? I don't go to bars and am not much of a drinker. I don't date girls at work. Online dating has not worked for me either. Any suggestions?

Also, I feel like I don't fit in with the typical guys. As in, I hardly watch sports, unless it's golf or wrestling, and I don't drink.

Most Helpful Guy

• you are making one crucial mistake. you are looking for a date while trying to avoid "pickup locations." you sound like a nice guy who is trying to settle down a little and have a companion to do it with. don't look for a girlfriend, that comes in time by just meeting people and eventually you just find yourself clicking with a girl. Instead start by going out to places that you enjoy or that you might enjoy. and talk to a few people as you see an opportunity.
    There is a place called Breakout Games where i live that puts you in a room with strangers and you spend an hour trying to escape. i have met several new friends that way.
    You said you don't date coworkers, while that is generally a good idea don't exclude them from being your friends. hanging out or catching lunch with a coworker can occasionally lead to you meeting other friends of theirs who you might get along with as well.

What Girls Said 1

• I'd try online till you meet someone if going out isn't an option... I know it sucks but you may meet someone in the same boat

What Guys Said 4

• You sound like me.

Do you know what worked? Posting up a photo of myself in the office. The shallow girls came a' runnin' lol.

Otherwise... go to Meetup. com and find something near you. Become more active, volunteer or go on 5k runs. You'll find lots of chicks doing stuff like that. Be careful tho, those are the ones that tend to be super proactive and you know, change-the-world types.

• Join some clubs or classes and meet people in the groups if you put yourself out there someone special is bound to wind up in your life

• I have no social life. If I were to join something I wouldn't fit in

• Start making some friends bust guys balls that's all there is to it and from there you can position yourself at the top of the totem pole in your group the guy with the most social value and naturally you will get your pick of any girl because girls are naturally drawn to the leader of the group it sounds hard but it's easy to implement

• What are your interests?

• Just keep putting yourself out there.