Is it impossible for a 14 year old and 22 year old to wait for 4 years before going out?

So basically I met this guy and we had been talking over kik for quite awhile. At first he thought that I was 18 or 19 (so it's not like he was trying to perv on someone below legal age) and then after a lot of talking we confessed that we liked each other. It's weird though because I've never clicked with someone so well before and it's simply amazing.
He lives half-way across the world though and because of the fact that I'm only 14 and he's 22 we've both said that we would wait until I was 18 and he was 26 before doing anything serious or meeting up in real life. We talk everyday and no one has honestly made me feel like this before and because he's willing to wait for 4 years (and so am I)... do you think that this could ever work out?

Most Helpful Girl

• Anything like that is possible, however the chances of that are very slim. The chances of you finding someone you like in real life are also very high before those 4 years are up. You said the lives halfway across the "world," not the country right? You can keep talking to him if you want, but I do guarantee eventually you will meet someone closer to your age at school or whatever and decide to cut this guy off so you can have a real boyfriend. When I was that age I had many online relationships with older people too, and every single one of them ended. 4 years is a loooong time to wait for someone you've never met. There's also a good chance that when you finally do meet him, if you did wait, that you wouldn't like him or that he wouldn't be what you thought he was.

What Guys Said 5

• I think it's possible. If you guys are right for each other, it'll work out. I think the fact that you guys are willing to wait speaks volumes.
    Good luck!

• Arrangements like this used to be common. Back in the middle ages agreements would be made years before a couple would be old enough to be together. Often times it worked for them. I think it could still work.

• Umm no..22 and 14 yeah right.
    I can't believe people are actually encouraging this shit.

• If I came straight out and called that creepy, 22 and 14, I suspect you'd stop reading, so instead I'll say this: There's a tendency to fill the gaps in your interaction with fantasy in this kind of situation. Also, 90% of human communication is nonverbal - you lose all of the nuance that comes from body language, facial expressions, and tone of voice when you're limited to text. You need to be very cautious here. Certainly let others know what's going on before meeting in person.

• Possible, but unlikely. Creepy, to tell ya the truth. Makes me think he can't get girls his own age, and you guys your own age. Should set off an alarm in your head.

What Girls Said 4

• I doubt it would work out.

1. Four years is a long time to wait for someone.
    2. He's halfway on the other side of the world

Given your age alone, it's doubtful that you will still feel the same about him after four years. People change as they get older, especially teenagers. There's also the possibility that he will meet someone else in those four years or you will meet someone else.

• 14 year old?

That's like 22 year old man with 14 year old girl. :p

I don't know.

• time passes by quickly if you're busy

• no. it couldnt