The guy I was dating ended it with me and I want to know what his motive is for texting me?

I was seeing a guy for 3 1/2 months. He lives an hour away from me and at most we saw each other once week. He claims he saw a text in my phone that upset him and needed to time to think about things. He ended up breaking it off on G chat right before my girls trip to Vegas. The next day he texted me and said "you have my number in case you want to talk when you get back". He texted me throughout my trip. Again the following week and got extremely flirty in his messages. I played along and flirted back but never initiated contact. This has been going on for 2 weeks now (texting back and forth) and 3 weeks since he broke it off. What is he doing? He ended it with me so what would we have to "talk about"? Did he change his mind and he doesn't want to blow his ego by admitting it?

0|0
2|0

What Guys Said 0

No guys shared opinions.

What Girls Said 2

• Yep...he definitely regrets his decision and wants you back...but he doesn't want to be the one to apologize...he wants you to initiate it.

0|0
    0|0
    • I just don't feel like I have anything to apologize for. Part of me wants to speak up and say that I like him and what's really going on here but he ended it with me. As far as I'm concerned, he thinks things won't work out. He texts me about every other day and it's always flirty in nature, including suggestive pictures last week!

• Yup. He's put himself in a control situation here. I don't know how much you like this guy but I think if he were man enough he'd make that phonecall or initiation to tell you what was up. Its just a suggestion but I think you should stop texting him or text him with 'call me' and then end contact, so it prompts him to clear the air and for both of you to sort out what's going on. If he doesn't text back or make a decision then you know he's just in it for the play.

0|0
    0|0
    • I agree with you about the control situation. I believe he likes the game playing. I actually really like him but I don't feel like I should have to step up, I made it very clear before he ended it how I felt. Part of me thinks he's been "sexting" with me because it's convenient but at most we only saw each other once a week, so he's used to getting minimum action. Plus, I didn't think booty calls really worked an hour away.

• Yeah, I think you deserve better with a guy that's got balls enough to initiate something instead of 'sexting' you. He should be filed under 'booty call with no balls' category. Hope you find a nicer one in the meanwhile.