No dates for me lonely?

Tons of men stare at me not at my body but at my face; women stare as well which is interesting. I'm 5 10" and I'm African American. I don't get asked out at all just stares. I dress very casually, nothing revealing i don't wear makeup really just ocational mascara or eye liner. Even if I have no makeup it's still stares. I feel odd and not like a normal girl bc I see girls dating causally at my age a having fun with guys and getting asked out and I'm lonely and only getting stared at. What is this about? Is this normal?

Most Helpful Guy

• Sometimes a very beautiful woman can seem out of reach and men might be fearful of approaching you.

What Guys Said 4

• Beauty can be intimidating, the right man with enough confidence will approach you, just try to make yourself approachable with open body language

• It's cause you're black.

• "Not_Helping"
      the name fits

• lol I am black and I honestly feel the same lol but no its not because she is black lol I hope not

• I'm being completely honest. It is. It has nothing to do with any strikes against you but generally speaking the stereotypes are not in your favor and moreso if you're attractive and black. It's usually something negative to offset it.

• Yes it's normal

• All you have to do is ask a guy out

• Yea I've told a cute Asian boy that stared at me that I liked him and he ignores me

• It doesn't work 100 percent of the time

What Girls Said 4

• They might be checking you out or you were just in their field of vision. Unfortunately, plenty of fools still believe negative stereotypes about black women, so they avoid asking us out.

Who wants to be with such a loser anyway?

• And I have been here thinking "it might be nice to try a black girl" for weeks lol

• LOL. I just have a huge issue with people believing in stereotypes instead of treating everyone they meet individually.

It's irrational on so many levels.

• Sometimes you have to make people feel comfortable around you before they feel comfortable asking you out and going on dates with you or courting you if that is what you prefer. Try plugging into a religious centre, doing volunteer work, joining a social club such as meetup. com, taking a course in school or socializing with your co-workers. Once people know you, your chances of getting asked out will be higher.

• you may be surprising people with your beauty

• Start asking them out!