Who should pay for date?

I'm dating this guy over 7 months and from being we split check, honestly I prefer if sometimes I pay whole check and sometimes he pays instead of splitting every time!!

Most Helpful Guy

• Alternate paying sounds good.

What Guys Said 4

• Called me old fashioned, but I always picked up the check. I felt that, if I was asking her out, I should cover. If she asked me out, then I would attempt to pay when the time came. However, if she insisted on paying or splitting the check, I agreed.

Personal preference, really.

Be honest with him about your preference. If he's a decent guy, he won't mind.

• That's pretty nice of you, I always had to pay through out the whole courting process except on my birthday

• Whoever asked or initiated the date.

• On the first date, the one who invited should pay. After that, you can split or take turns. That doesn't stop one from being nice and offering to pay for the other anyways.

What Girls Said 3

• I think both people should take turns or should split the bill. However, it's important that if one person can't really afford the date and the others knows this, they reschedule the date to something they can both afford or the richer person pays rather than putting the poorer one in an awkward financial position.

• shouldn't follow what every other couple does, you two should talk about it and see how it goes from there :)

• I'm old fashioned, and believe that the guy should always pick up the check. In the past I've always had to pay for my boyfriend and myself (not all the time, but enough). Lesson learned, never doing that again lol.
    I find more masculine, kind of like that whole "hunter gathering theory"

• If you know what it feels like to pay every time, then why would you want a guy to pay every time now? lol

• In that case you should go to his house and clean it after he pays for your meals because that's what you're supposed to do as well lol

• I think not
      :)