Does ignoring girls make them want you more?

Not replying to texts, not returning calls, disappearing and reappearing but not all the time. giving her short responses?

Most Helpful Girl

• Absolutely not for me. It makes me consider other guys. If I make myself look good (spend time curling my hair, doing my nails ecc) and the guy that I like doesn't call me, I answer the messages of other guys of 2-3 days or weeks before and might go out with another guy. But I would suffer from the fact that he ignored me. It doens't make me want him more, if he comes back and I still like him more than any other guy, I answer him. If I like another guy more after some time, I ignore him.
    When I was younger I have suffered a lot from a guy ignoring me, this was because of my need to be 100% loyal even when I was just dating. Now that need is gone, so I feel more free and this doesn't affect me.

What Girls Said 27

• Not in my experience. I just think he's a jerk who is full of himself and therefore, not worth my time or energy. It's a big turn-off.

• It depends on the girl. I have at least one friend who responds to that kind of behavior by trying harder to get the guy's attention. I think she kind of enjoys it, even, like it's a game.

Speaking from experience, though, I'm not into that. Either he's interested or he's not, and I will assume he's not interested if he ignores me. If I find out he was trying to get my attention by being rude and distant, I'm even less into it.

• It wouldn't make me " want him more" . It shows unreliability and signs of disinterest. I would lose interest in him , and eventually i'd stop responding to him all together. A person either wants to be part of your life or they don't. I won't tolerate anyone pissing me about! 😊

• In my opinion, it hurts. I wouldn't say it would make the girl want the guy more, but question why he is doing what he is doing and if it is justifiable. I'd perceive the situation as is, and see if it something worth pursuing in my mind or I would communicate my thoughts.

• Not... it makes me wish you disappeared forever.

Whats the whole point of that?

• Not for me, and i doubt it would work on any other girls. I mean i have shit to do, so if you don't want to be apart of my life i'll probably just forget about you. I have no time to be missing someone.

• I'll wonder why u ignore me, and i'll miss you and will want to be i contact with you. That is only when i like u. But if it gets too much, i guess i'll have to move on.

• Maybe it work for some but not to me. If someone ignores me I would think he's not interested or if he used to be interested I would assume he lost interest and would do the same. I appreciate consistent behaviors and efforts.

• No that was just make them want you less. We'll get really mad and think that you have been playing them or that you guys don't like us. Or just using us.

• They'll just move on to the next guy.

• From personal experience it makes me lose interest if anything

• Nope, tbh it pisses me off and makes me not want to bother with them

• Not necessarily, causes the girl to get bored (especially when horny) and go to someone else for wanted attention

• Nope, it just makes you seem as you are not interested. So then we lose interest.

• It makes me think you aren't interested. If I think that, I'll probably stop thinking about having any kind of relationship with you and move on.

• Sometimes... depends on how far you take ignoring her

• It drives me crazy and makes me want to know why, like what I did but then it also makes me angry

• no, if you ignore me i'm done.

• No it doesn't.. It hurts them... Nvr do that to a girl..

• Don't ignor them too long! Because it makes them wonder if you even care.

• Not really. I fuckin' dont care.

• not at all, if i like the guy and he does that to me it hurts cause it feels like he isn't interested and i start to assume he hates me and try to move on

• No at least in my experience. This guy I had huge crush on did this to me and it made me get over him.
    I really liked him, the only guy I liked but now his presence doesn't affect me and he still get nervous and shy around me. He even blushes in my presence.

Don't do this. Instead play the dominant role. Be straightforward, little aggressive and little dominant.

• No it just pissed us off and makes us think that you don't like us.

• I wouldn't let my pride take over. If I want to talk them, I would.

• Ignoring a girl does more bad than good, at least in my experience. If a guy ignores me it makes me question anything we have. Sure, it makes her fight for your attention more, but is it worth it? It starts a whole game of who can ignore who and it makes being noncommittal a "desirable" attribute. Personally, I don't view dating as a game, but some people are really into that. Every girl is different so I guess feel it out, but if it were me I would want to feel wanted instead of try to prove you should want me.

• In a way we do, it's called scarcity! It's a popular thing that's done in the business world to bring more sales; therefore, you could be making her want/desire you more. If she's really interested.

What Guys Said 22

• No it doesn't. It hurts their feelings. It makes girls think they have done something wrong, they wonder what is wrong with them, if they are not attractive enough, is it their personality etc etc. Girls go over this kind of thing in their minds until they get upset. It does not make girls want a guy more, all it does is cause tears to run down a girls face and make her feel she is not good enough and will cry. She will cry herself to sleep etc. That is what it does for the majority of girls.

• To anyone reading this I know all girls are different and it will not have this affect on every single girl out there.

• You're welcome :) if this was my post id pick mho 😁

• @Anime27 Thank you. I think people in general in society need to have more morals and consider people other than themselves more.

• They have to actually want you to begin with. But I say go back and forth, give them that attention for a period of time, then take it away.

Be inconsistent. Girls will say it doesn't work, but to be honest, they don't know what works and what doesn't. That's up to the guy.

You wouldn't ask a fish how to catch fish, you'd ask a fisherman.

• The guy Im seeing is doing this is he not interested cause he goes away and returns out the blue full force?

• @bluebelleberry Yeah like if he's just looking for a hook up or something, or he could simply be busy, and not intentionally doing this. I'd need more information to figure all that out.

• He said he doesn't want a relationship but he likes me and behaves like so.

• Honestly dude. Only ignore a girl once you've shown how cool you are to be around. Go out with her then talk to her almost everyday for 2 weeks and always show that you like her then boom. Disappear and seem uninterested for the next 2 weeks.

They will think about you a lot and I mean a lot.

After two weeks of indifference. Go text her or go straight to her then say 'I miss you so much'. Then boom, the girl will fall for you 90% of the time. It might seem cruel but it's sometimes necessary because no girls wants a desperate and needy guy and plus, girls love the suspense (and you'll come off a bit mysterious, hard to read and unpredictable).

Even though you desperately want that girl, try doing this to them and they will love it.

• He's gaming you girl.. Try to game him to. The best response if guy does this to you is to give him a little cold shoulder.

If you want him. Try showing him that you don't necessarily want him and that you can get another guy anytime. Like indirectly telling him that there are other guys that are willing to spend time on you, and that if he doesn't step up his game your going for another guy. 'Guys love the chase'. So girl so don't make it too easy.

That's how you separate a player and a genuine guy.

• How can I game him? Any examples

• well it does... but only when you showed them your affection. It will make them wonder why and how? But the techn does really work with popular girls. Just talk to them and flirt, and then drop them. Be the one who says NO to them and put them in their place. This will make them wonder even more. She will pick you on about it, dont get stressed just tell her: im sorry to be that one guy not kissing butt.(itll make em laugh and see that you're not imponated and are dominating her).
    But ignoring does indeed not work if you do it to long, it will mkae you seem uniterested and she will drop you eventually

• Only if she found you attractive to be in the first place or liked you. If not then she wouldn't give to shits.

Only way i can see getting her attention would be if she saw you tagged having fun with a girl hotter than her.

• Only if she's constantly seeking attention... a normal girl would most likely think you lost interest.

• I don't know if it's the same as ignoring I just don't give them all my full attention, time, and act needy like some guys do. If I talk to them and they don't talk back I go back to what I was doing and if hey don't want to say hi the next day oh well

• @ Asker i think sometimes ignoring them is an effective way to reveal their true feelings...

I have done that, and now we are planning to get marry in January.
    She's an extrovert bdw and very successful woman on her profession, possessed with strong charactesr.

• is he disinterested is what i am asking?

• @bluebelleberry

if he keeps on coming back to you, mostlikely he really likes you. he just dont know how to deliberate or expressed his feelings. what my fiance did to me was she confronted me and asked me of my reasons behind my unreadable attitude towards her. I'm a wild mustang and sneaky like eel, then she she told me , that i could say whatever i want. So for that, i trusted her and reveal to her that i love her for more than 7years. :D

• I am not a believer that actually works

• If they didn't like you before, they probably won't even notice, or if they do, they'll just wonder why you're being a dick.
    If they do like you, then what's the point? Just man up and ask them out already.

• Its about playing hard to get.

Ignoring is bad, but playing hard to get sensibly helps you to attract girls. That's what most players do.

• Maybe at the beginning, but depending on the girl it might not last long.

• Not if they're smart.

• No it's bad you need to be qttentive

• yes it does because they want to hear from you, but you answering them all the time makes you look needy. by not calling them all the time they think to themselves: he is misterious, i wonder what makes him tick? i must find out...

• yes he is intrested. otherwise he wouldn't keep comming back, full force.

• I only ignore them if they ignore me. But if I want to talk with them, I'll talk with them even if they ignore me.

• If she is a girl who likes jerks, then yes. Otherwise, no.

• They won't admit it but it drives them crazy

• No man. It's really bad. Just be normal. Respond genuinely whenever you can, if you can't talk at the moment then say you'll reply later :)
    Also think how would you feel if you are the one being ignored? Nobody feels good. For some time people might increase their effort but in the end they'll get tired and leave.

• yes dont listen to the bs women say here... .

• Depends for sure. But don't wait too much :D

• It works for me it depend on the girl though. You gotta be careful though cause she might not think your into to her. The trick is give her a bunch of attention then take it away. Don't make your self to available. But don't distance your self to much. Do it enough to seem a mystery

• he said i can't date other guys, and he won't date anyone else

• So your in a relationship then? Are you sure he's not seeing anyone else.