Would you date an attractive sweet and fun kind of guy/girl who isn't very intelligent?

Would you date someone that has a good personality great looks but isn't very intelligent?

• Yes I would
  • No never

Most Helpful Girl

• Yupp.
    ----

• It wouldn't bother you if he doesn't know certain basic stuff, or you couldn't hold an conversation about a difficult topic (science for example) with him?

• Thanks, lol.
      :)

• You're welcome! :)

What Guys Said 13

• When you say "isn't very intelligent" you mean she's dumb, she's not book smart, or she doesn't have common sense?
    I don't really care if she's not someone with good grades, but if she's disconnected of the world, if she has no common sense and doesn't know how to move in this society, I wouldn't go out with her.

• Not book smart, and sometimes misses a bit of common sense.

• Not book smart doesn't matter, but lacking common sense can be annoying, so I'll have to see how much common sense she lacks.

• It would not be a problem for me

• Thank you for answering! :)

• What if I have a lot of intelligence in computers... Like I know it all... about computers.. LOL would you date me? I mean I think I got the looks... and yup I am sweet... too

• If they aren't very intelligent, then we'd get on each other's nerves. No.

• Okay thank you for answering :)

• I would definitely date her. The fact that she's really attractive is great but that's not the deciding factor for me. I think kindness and her personality in general are the most important things in a girl.

• I wouldn't not try, but since my intelligence is above average (not trying to brag) I'd just get annoyed and it won't last long.

• Yea it wouldn't be a problem as long as she wasn't ditzy and had common sense.

• 0|0
  • Yes, of course I would. A good personality is far more important when it comes to a relationship.

• I'd date her just to give it a go, but I think I'd lose interest before very long.

• Probably, just as long as they weren't as thick as two planks of wood.

• What if you sometimes got embarrased by the things she would say? You have lots of fun with her too though. Would you still consider dating?

• It would really depend on what things they said. If they didn't know a lot of basic things then I'd have to question myself as to what I'm doing.

• Okay thanks for answering :)

• depends how you define intelligence.

• Then how would you define it?

• How do you mean "isn't very intelligent"?

• Some of the stuff they say isn't correct (like France isn't that the capitol of Sweden?), they didn't do well in school, they don't know much about science, or world related problems...

• It may depend on other factors but it seems unlikely because I am the type of guys who has been used to handling rigorous studies.
      I do not like nerdy girls of course, but I am not very likely, but also not strictly impossible, to date a girl who misses common sense.

• Okay thank you for answering :)

What Girls Said 5

• I did, and I married him. My husband is incredibly sweet and I still think he's gorgeous. But he will be the first to admit that he doesn't know a lot when it comes to current events, politics, or basic things we learned in school that many of us take with us as adults. Thankfully what he does know is a lot of "guy-type" stuff like how to fix a leaky faucet, hook up the cable receiver within seconds, basic wood-working, fixing a flat, fishing, and many other things that just seem to be in his blood. I guess after saying all that, he does know a lot, but I think you're just talking about how it is when you sit down and talk and find out what they know and whether or not you can have an intelligent conversation with them. With my husband, I can't exactly do this, but he fulfills my need to escape and do things that don't require much serious thought. I save that for when I want to sit down and talk to my dad, or maybe a couple of my friends.

• Thanks for you answer, sounds like you have a wonderful relationship! :)

• No, I could not.

If I can't connect with a person on an intellectual level, I wouldn't be able to do so on an emotional either.

I've met sweet and good looking guys, but I couldn't be with them because of the mind gap. I got bored with them very quickly and sometimes even frustrated with how dim they were.

• Sounds reasonible, thank you for answering :)

• Of course I would. I really don't care if he was intelligent or not. As long as he's sweet then I'm fine :)

• If it's common sense that you're talking about, I don't think I could, but I'd give it a try. I don't really mind if he doesn't have such a good grades, as long as he'll be having a decent job I'm fine with it.

• No. Dumb chicks can kill themselves.

• Haha what?

• Thank ya.

• You're welcome ;)