How to say he's too short without coming off as rude?

I really don't want to come off as rude or mean and that's what I'm scared of... Ill come off as a bitch. But it's my personal preference right? Well he's 5'3 and I'm 5'0 I usually date guys who are 5'8 and above. I currently am dating someone casually who is 5'9. He knows this and he also knows we always fight so it gives him hope we'll leave each other. We are working on our trust issues before we become exclusive. We are good friends so I don't know how to handle this. If it was any other guy off the street it would be easier but this guys my friend.

Most Helpful Guy

• Your a manlet and I find you not attractive as a man because I percieve your small height as being incapable of intimidating other men/making feel secure that you can protect me, There is nothing you can say, no games you can pull that will get me to find you attractive.

What Guys Said 5

• I will don't do any rational decision on judging by a persons height , try dating him if any problem raises with his personality or behaviour , then tell him as a reason other than that trying to dump a person for his appearance is not a good idea according to my point of view.

• DON'T tell him that he's short... it will hurt him so much and you will look stupid. So don't; find some other reason.

• Don't mention it! ( No, really, don't say that, just shut your trap and leave. ) :D

• I don't want him to keep hoping even if the guy I'm dating and I don't work out. I feel even worse he has some hope for me.

• Tell him you have various std's

• It sounds like the real reason you don't want to be with, is you already found another boyfriend!

What Girls Said 5

• Why don't you just say that you don't want to date him because he's a great friend and that's it? Saying that he is too short doesn't make any sense.

• I don't see how be's too short if you're short yourself, even if that's your preference. But I would be honest and tell him that you're not attracted to him. If he asks why, I would say it's because of his height.

• You could also tell him that you really want to pursue the other guy because you click better.

• Just tell him you are not attracted to him, and u don't feel anything for him. Don't say it's because he is short, you'll make him loose confidence and you'll make think no girl will ever love him because he is short.

• Lol calm down, it's not like he is shorter than you. Stay in your lane ✋🏼

• Seriously, he is taller than you and you are worried he is too short? And you would let this prevent you from being with a great guy?

I'm 6 ft and have dated/crushed on guys who are shorter than me 5'8 and 5'9.

I'm always amazed when women care about if the guy is taller...

• I just find it a turn off. We all have our preferences in who we date.

• Sure, you can date whoever you like.
      I wouldn't tell him it is because he is short, it sounds shallow. I'd find another meaningful reason.