Oh no! First date sex... is there a way to recover?

I'm really not that kind of girl. Honest. I'm so scared he's now got the wrong impression of me. How can I recover? If your answer is I can't then don't bother responding because that's not helpful.

Most Helpful Guy

• You can't.

• Truth hurts but the truth's the truth! I wasn't able to recover after all. I've moved on to a wonderful guy. :-)

What Guys Said 3

• Recover? What the hell is it you think you need to recover from? What decade did I fall into? Look, him liking you or not liking you has nothing to do with the sex. Well I guess if the sex was really really good or really really bad it could tip the scales. But it's the prologue that will have him calling you back. I only know one guy who would not call a girl after a date because she had sex with him and he's a brainless troglodyte.

Just forget the idea that it was a mistake and carry on as you would if you hadn't had sex. It's really not that big a deal anymore.

• I wish there more men like you. double standards still exist. you only have to look at some of the answers from other guys. I feel like a whore and I shouldn't have done it. he called me earlier to see if I was ok and wants to see me again but as much as I like him, I think I need to bow out gracefully because like other men, he will see me as a whore for doing what I did.

• My wife of 11 years started as a sort of friend that we traded in for a one night stand. Don't ask me where I went wrong, but there you go.

• Recover from what? I'm unsure what's "gone wrong" ? To me that sounds like the most awesome first date!

If, instead, you suddenly get all weird and desperate, then you're screwed.

If, like me, you don't act differently, then things will go fine. I've had plenty of first date hookups that worked out just fine.

Don't be weird and he won't either.

~ Robby

• you clearly are that kind of girl since you did it

GOOD LUCK

What Girls Said 3

• I think it depends on the guy. I've done this a couple times before, just because I wanted a hook up, and nothing serious, and pretty much every time the guy came back (well, of course for more sex) but then strangely enough they wanted to make MORE out of our friends with benefits situation and actually pushed ME to be in a relationship with them. No joke, this happened four or five times. I ended up having to end things with each one because they became so damn clingy. So I guess it depends how good in bed you are and if you're the complete package. If you're pretty, not overweight, smart, and funny, my experience has shown that guys MIGHT overlook that you slept with them on a first date. You'll have to prove to him through how you carry yourself from here on out that you're not a skank, in other words, don't talk about all the guys you've slept with, and show that you have respect for yourself and don't sleep around with guys on the first date because of low self esteem. :) good luck!

• Thanks for the advice. I definately got carried away with him. I'm so dumb. he wants to see me this weekend, I said I'll let him know but deep inside I'm thinking of saving myself from heartbreak and declining because he'll probably want sex now and I'm not the type who can do FWB without getting attached.

• You can't. But that doesn't mean it's a bad impression. Guys want sex as much as you do. If you like him and he likes you he'll be back for more - this time don't sleep with him unless you want this relationship to be one that's purely sexual.

• I beileve it is possible to recover, ONLY based on how much the guy likes you. The only problem with sleeping on the first date is that the guy may think the girl is "easy". When in reality that is not always true. Have you talked about it him yet? If I were you I woud have one of those "about the other night" talks, and just tell him your not that kind of girl etc. See what he does after that. You will EASILY be able to tell his motives.

• I meant to give up an up vote but pressed the wrong icon.

• Lol its okay!