Does the fact that my ditziness annoys him mean that our relationship isn't going to work long-term?

I've been dating this guy for a little over two months now, and it has been going pretty well so far. However, I'm concerned about something he said last night while we were drunk at a bar. Out of nowhere (from what I can recall) he said that he sometimes gets annoyed when I say ditzy things, and that he'll just be like "come on". That hurt my feelings not only because it was so blunt, but because ditziness is just part of my personality. I'm silly and a little scatterbrained, it's just the way I am. He on the other hand is sharp, detail oriented, and very logical. I used to think that we balanced each other out, but the comment he made has flooded me with insecurities. If he gets annoyed by such a big part of my personality two months in, does it mean we won't last long-term?

Most Helpful Guy

• Not everything about everyone you are going to love. My wife is neat freak. I'm not as much as she is. He a jealous streak, I don't etc. So I wouldn't worry about it too much. You can tell if it annoys him when he starts calling you names and saying it out loud. Drunk talk shouldn't be a cause for concern yet.

What Guys Said 2

• Ditzy is more of a style or mode of operation. I have known a few women that came off Ditzy but were actually quite smart.

You do compliment each other. If he takes up with someone like him, they will argue every day and be broken up in a month. Why? Because they are too much alike.

• Ok you need to go and watch a clip of jessica simpson saying "ditzy" things and try and understand why it gets really annoying and childish. Even that Nick dude couldn't stand it and he is a complete douchebag! Loads of girls will say something outrageous like "how do I delete my last sentence?" When you have been using a computer your whole entire life. You don't have to be a sook and start throwing words like insecure and self esteem, because that actually makes it worse when a man hears that. Those things are attribute you need to control yourself, If you are acting dumb it is really easy for you to try not to act dumb. Where as if he had of called you fat or ugly or whatever, then I can understand insecurities and sadness being a factor. Chin up girl, you need to be strong, its sexy and you will begin to feel better when you say smart things instead of dumb things ;)

• Thanks for taking the time to answer.
      It's not on purpose and it's not in a Jessica Simpson way. We do have plenty of intelligent conversation, like when we talk about how I'm working on my master's degree, for example. I never said I was stupid. I'm saying I just do stuff like walk in the opposite direction of a group cause I'm not paying attention, I tend to lose my train of thought when I'm talking, I'm really giggly, etc. That's not something I can help, it's just my personality. I just feel like I need someone who finds it endearing and not annoying.

• oh ok, well if its not dumb stuff, then I dunno I guess you are right. There is no need to change for anyone and if it does offend you that you can't feel comfortable and act yourself then you should try and tell him straight. If he responds badly then maybe you 2 are gonna have your first little love fight lol. Sometimes they hurt but they do make you stronger!

What Girls Said 1

• You're freaking out over nothing. No relationship is perfect. There are multiple things that can annoy us in a partner, yet we are patient about them.